Beginners and Beyond

Sleepy Penguins Sunday (Read 22 times)

Bin Running

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Bin Running

12M LR done. Raining in the morning made waking up very difficult. Haa. Had to do 24 laps at indoor track. Shirt was off by 2 laps as the risk of chaffing was high. Hope I didn't invite too many stares.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

hog4life

Bin, good work on the 12 mile LR.

I need to take a RD as I have run 7 of the last 8 days.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Mornin' Bin, thanks for starting us off.  Nice job on the 12 miler!  I liked running on an indoor track, the one time I got to do it.  I had to make the same call on a run the other day, forgot to tape up and it was way too hot, I would have been chafed before the third mile, so the neighbors just had to deal with it. lol

Enjoy your day off Mitch!

Hope everyone has a great day and good luck to our racers today!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

We are off to the race.  We drove part of the course yesterday and it is a bear so we'll see about a PR. Regardless, it will be fun.

Bin: it is cloudy so the headband will be making its race debut!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  12.20 miles done in my new Hokas.

Already no internet so I'll be back later.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

Jack, woohoo for headband. Trust your training. You are going to have a great race!

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Docket_Rocket

Good luck, Jack!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

Bin - very nicely done on the 12m'er!  Indoor track too... ugg..

Mitch - sounds very appropriate.

Dave - good morning

Jack - good luck sir!

Damaris - so, you likin' the Hokas?

AFM - I think I'm still recovering from my cold even though I feel fine.  I ran 7 the other day and it felt like I was working harder than the result.  However, it felt good.  Yesterday RD and today I'm going for an 8 later.  Speaking of Damaris' new Hokas... I was laughing at myself.  I had a "You know your a runner when..." moment.  I bought a new armband for my phone and it is the slickest set up I've ever day.  I was GEEKED to have it.  LOL  Anyway, I figured I'd share the picture below since I've complained about the trails and weather so much.  It made it to 66 F Friday during my run and 70 F yesterday.  Most of our trails are snow free now, just not my favorite... not quite yet.  Here's a quick shot of what it looks like where I ran Friday:

Zelanie

Good morning!  Yesterday I did a bike ride instead of a walk.  Today's hike has been postponed due to all the yardwork we need to do.  I might still walk, but might feel like I got a good workout in anyway.

Hope Jack is killing it on the course!

Bin- You have a 1/2 mile indoor track?  Cool!

Mitch- Enjoy the RD!

Dave- Are you resting today after your race?

D- Glad it sounds like the Hokas are working for you!

Vance- Snow to 70 degrees in a week?  That would be tough to adjust to!  Very pretty picture.  Is it hard to run on the wooden path?  I would feel like I was about to fall off the whole time, I think!

8.1 Miles. This took me 1:24. Usually takes about 1:34 or so- 1:31 had been my fastest time on this route.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

Zelanie - have fun with the yard work. I need to do the same here but looks like it might rain.  SOOOO bummer.  he he  The path isn't too bad.  There are 5 or 6 stretches on this trail that have this sort of thing.  When it's been raining a few days it gets really slippery so you have to be extra careful.  I run head down when on it and most trails anyway.  Some spots to boards are getting a little spongy so I worry about that more than anything.

T-rod - nice run!

Zelanie

Yikes, I just tracked somebody I know who is in my running club who is running the Eugene (full) marathon today.  She got a 1:33 for the half two weeks ago.  Today she started Eugene at 7 AM, two hours ago our time.  She crossed the 5K mark at 20:57, and then the 10K mark at 54:51(!), and hasn't crossed the half mat yet!  I'm hoping it was just bad tech on the 10K mat and that everything is going well for her!

Zelanie

Looks like she dropped to the 1/2 and finished in 1:57.  Hoping it was just an off day and she's not injured!

One Half So Far

Was just out watching the Eugene Marathon.  Halfway mark was 3 blocks from my house.  Leader came by in 1:08 and was flying.  Had a 3 minute lead.

I'm going to have to do one of these...but the amount of time it takes to train for one is daunting.

Will head out to do some miles....maybe 8 or 9 of them, dunno....shortly.

Hope everyone is healthy and happy and enjoying their days.

~Jeff~

PR: 5K 26:34 (Would have been faster if I hadn't had to tie my shoe), 5M: 43:10, 10K: 54:51. First HM 4/14/13 2:03:23

6/1: Moonlight 5M, Springfield 43:10

7/4 Butte to Butte 10K, Eugene

7/21 Run in the Country HM, Coburg

Another HM sometime in October or November.  Several to choose from.