Beginners and Beyond

Let the sun shine Saturday penguins (Read 17 times)

obiebyke

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

obiebyke

Good morning! After days and days of rain, we have sun today in Minneapolis. Hooray!

I've decided to give a go to run/walking my 4th of july half, so today I'm going to do W5D3 of C25K and round it out to 5 miles with some brisk walking. I plan to keep building running mileage slooooowly and add walking until I do 10 miles. It's going to be a funny, poky half, but I want to do it!

Have a good weekend, everybody.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  11 miles planned for tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

'Morning Obie and Docket and all.  Sun is finally shining here, but I'm taking a RD after running 4 miles last 2 days.  Don't want to overdo it !!

Good luck Saturday racers.

PADRunner

Morning Penguins.

It's Derby Day, "The Most Exciting Two Minutes In Sports"

A couple of quick miles before work this morning.

Zelanie

Morning, pens!  Nothing to exciting today.  Probably just a couple of easy miles later on.  Oh, and to all you Texas Penguins out there- Go Blazers! Smile

obie- It sounds like you are really setting yourself up to enjoy your HM.  Also, hooray for W5D3- that's the big one! Smile

D- Hope you get to run outside later.

Jerry- Hope you enjoy the sunshine!

PAD- I used to love the Derby and would watch all the preliminary races and get to know the field.  Now I just see an industry that churns out a bunch of horses that aren't healthy enough to even keep racing after their 3-year-old year.  Even if they are, they're too valuable to risk on the track.  So I'm conflicted.

GinnyinPA

Obiebyke - sounds like a good plan.  You have two whole months to get where you want to be, and being careful now should help get your there.

Damaris - I hope the 11 go well tonight.

Jerry - you can still walk today, to enjoy the sunshine.  Or bike perhaps?

PAD - I always enjoy watching the Derby, though I rarely watch all the pre-race discussion.  It's just fun to watch a good race.

Z - I hope your miles go well.  Enjoy the weekend.

Scotty - I hope your race went well.

AFM:  Long run today. We're having mixed sunshine, clouds and pop-up thunderstorms, so I'm hoping to finish my run before the rain starts.  Temps are in the 60's, so the clouds should keep us cool.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens....

DW and I just finished our 20 miles in 2:58:59, for an 8:56 pace.  I am super proud of her and I know she will do very well in her marathon in a few weeks. Now we are off to our favorite hole in the wall for a breakfast burrito and then it's off to the swim meet with DD2 for the rest of the day. I will sleep well tonight!

Obie: That sounds like a good plan. Just keep it fun and you will do great. I would like to run in a "funny, poky half." Smile

D: Have a nice, humid, 11.

Jerry: Enjoying the new tv? I bet the beer tastes better when you watch it.

PAD: Who do you like in the Derby?

Zel: I grew up close to Santa Anita and a lot of my friends had dads that were trainers. I know exactly what you mean with your comment on the horses.

Have a good day, Pens.

hog4life

Hi everyone, I'll catch some personals later. Me and Bella finished the 8k. She did amazing, and was so well behaved. I'm very proud of her, and she got tons of compliments. Everybody wanted to come see and pet my pretty baby!!! Our time was 38:08 for a 7:40 pace which is a PR by about 1:30 ish.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats Bella and Mitch.  That is one fast doggy.

Way to go Mrs. Jack.

Ginny, hope you got the LR in before the rain.

Zel, have a nice, unexciting day.

Pad, don't work to hard. You must not have caught Saturditis yet.

Have a cool 11, DR.

Obie, I thought it would be gloomy after last nights game.

DW running for me today.

obiebyke

Booooo! Wink

Obie, I thought it would be gloomy after last nights game.

I did my run + training walk. It felt GREAT and my pace is already below the cutoff for my July half, so I think I'll be fine.

Jack , you're a beast! That's an awesome run!

Congrats, Hog!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

I'm going with "Intense Holiday" in the Derby.  8-1.  Sounds like my lifestyle   .

Anyone else?

PADRunner

I'm going with "Intense Holiday" in the Derby.  8-1.  Sounds like my lifestyle   .

Anyone else?

I like Ride on Curlin.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

California Chrome.

tracilynn

Ill take Danza for the win.

cause Sir Elton wrote a song about him awhile back 

~~~~~~~

Traci