Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES FFS (Read 46 times)

LRB

'Eh?

Cyberic

Today I have a taper-ish workout consisting of 3 x (1 mile at T pace with 2 minutes Easy). The other day I said I liked Daniels' 10K pace runs, but it was these T pace runs I was referring to, and they're more like somewhere between 10K and HM pace. I LIED!

happylily

You got that right.

Morning, Sir!

I did not run last night, so I'll try to squeeze 10 in after work. My legs feel normal again, yeah! Actually, they feel better now than they did before the race... Oh well...

Have a great day everyone! I'll try to read as many RRs as I can.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

Today I have a taper-ish workout consisting of 3 x (1 mile at T pace with 2 minutes Easy). The other day I said I liked Daniels' 10K pace runs, but it was these T pace runs I was referring to, and they're more like somewhere between 10K and HM pace. I LIED!

LOL...

LRB

Today I have a taper-ish workout consisting of 3 x (1 mile at T pace with 2 minutes Easy).

That's actually his race week workout. It appears every Tuesday the week of a race no matter what distance the race is. that should be pretty standard stuff for you at this point and especially moving forward.

Cyberic

That's actually his race week workout. It appears every Tuesday the week of a race no matter what distance the race is. that should be pretty standard stuff for you at this point and especially moving forward.

Exactly, I see this as pretty easy actually. It'll get my heart pumping and my legs moving faster than Easy running, that's for sure, but it will not leave me very tired.

happylily

Pardon me, but what's with the welcome page (or whatever it's called)? And did I ever tell you that clowns make me uncomfortable?

LRB

Pardon me, but what's with the welcome page (or whatever it's called)? And did I ever tell you that clowns make me uncomfortable?

Are you kidding? That's Homey D. Clown. lol

Cyberic

Yesterday a woman at work, a newer runner, was asking me what my goal for Saturday's race would be. And I realized I didn't know what to answer. Since I ran 19:28 5 weeks ago, I'm confident I can go sub 20 again, but sub 19 is out of reach. So I told her I'll try for sub 20 again, and hopefully PR. But last night I thought of something: maybe I'll try to actually race this time. It depends on the field, but if there are runners about my speed, my goal will be to beat them. That could be fun. It's giving me a new motivation for my race.

happylily

Are you kidding? That's Homey D. Clown. lol

Ok, I'll have to google that and add it to my culture.

LRB

I'm confident I can go sub 20 again...

Ya think? lol

LRB

Ok, I'll have to google that and add it to my culture.

The pics are characters from In Living Color, a sketch comedy show from the early 90's that was must see TV for certain demographics.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Ugh, my calves aren't so sore but my quads are now bitching... and so is my ass... cheeks... glutes

The bad thing about running two long distance races in one weekend??? It can seriously hurt the immune system, without my knowing, there is some sort of bug or cold going around and I am now dealing with a sore throat/cough 

I did drag my ass out of bed this morning and go to the gym though, focused on the back but took it relatively easy... about 55 minutes.

Wide Grip Lat Pull Down: 6 sets/ 12 reps/ 60lbs

One Arm Dumbbell Row: 35lbsX12reps, 40lbsX8reps, 35lbsX12reps, 40lbsX8reps, 35lbsX12reps, 40lbsX8reps

Underhand Seated Cable Row: 6 sets/ 12 reps/ 55 lbs

Parallel Lat Grip Pull Down: 6 sets/ 12 reps/ 60lbs

Seated Cable Row: 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

The pics are characters from In Living Color, a sketch comedy show from the early 90's that was must see TV for certain demographics.

Just read about it. A show that broke ground at the time, filled with misfits. It represents us well.

delicate flower

'Morning.

I am tired as hell this morning.  I felt better yesterday than I do today, and I actually slept well last night.  SRD, thank God.

<3