Beginners and Beyond

Planning vacations around races (Read 108 times)

Ball of Fury

Although it is, I don't consider this a reality show but more of a televised competition.  Something we would love to do one day.  Except we would be like Jonathan and Victoria, for those that remember.  The couple that wouldn't stop fighting.  Except we would be cursing each other in Spanish.

This is I would love to see!!  I also love AR and would love to do it!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

DW and I auditioned for AR twice. Of course it's a long shot, but we are just too ordinary.

lily: is there a specific website you use to find marathons in other countries?

Docket_Rocket

That is awesome!  How are the auditions, just sending a video?

DW and I auditioned for AR twice. Of course it's a long shot, but we are just too ordinary.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

Marathonguide.com, in the non-american calendar. I found all of my races there.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

One was making a video and sending it in and the other was going to an audition where they interviewed us and put us on camera. They really are looking for specific types of people (implants, wannabe actors, gays, disabilities, etc.) It was fun, however, but we'll never get picked.

lily: thanks! Smile

happylily

One was making a video and sending it in and the other was going to an audition where they interviewed us and put us on camera. They really are looking for specific types of people (implants, wannabe actors, gays, disabilities, etc.) It was fun, however, but we'll never get picked.

This is exactly why I consider it reality TV. There is nothing real about it... All acting, like the other reality shows.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

I am sure because every time they deviate the show gets boring.  The family one we stopped watching mid season it was so boring.

lily: thanks! Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I loved when they went to Puerto Rico and were driving at rush hour and that loser from Survivor

exclaimed, man, everybody with a car decided to go out right now, LOL.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Lily and Docket: Exactly!! I still like the show because I like traveling and DW likes puzzles and such, but it is very contrived. Also, the last episode to the finish is always boring and predictable.

Docket_Rocket

I like the competition aspect of it and most people

are just normal

except when they make you to look like an ass.

I love when they put the circus music when people cannot find an obvious clue.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Ball of Fury

I am sure because every time they deviate the show gets boring.  The family one we stopped watching mid season it was so boring.

Lol...the family that one consisted of nieces and nephews of one of my favorite surgeons at work!

RSX

I loved when they went to Puerto Rico and were driving at rush hour and that loser from Survivor

exclaimed, man, everybody with a car decided to go out right now, LOL.

That Survivor loser was the only reason I watched that season. I loved that people in other countries recognized them so helped. That is the only reality show I watch.

Speaking of Survivor our club runners who ran Boston were asked to list their positive moments from the race. 1 woman wrote that a former Survivor winner was in her corral and how psyched she was to meet Ethan.

Ball of Fury

Lol...the family that one consisted of nieces and nephews of one of my favorite surgeons at work!

Ok, that should say won!  Can you tell I am tired?

Docket_Rocket

I met him and his GF (another winner) at a Disney race. I couldn't believe how much makeup were both wearing during their HM.

That Survivor loser was the only reason I watched that season. I loved that people in other countries recognized them so helped. That is the only reality show I watch.

Speaking of Survivor our club runners who ran Boston were asked to list their positive moments from the race. 1 woman wrote that a former Survivor winner was in her corral and how psyched she was to meet Ethan.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Well, there ya go!

I actually dragged my husband to meet a bunch of internet folks in 2005 when we drove cross country.   It was very cool to finally meet in person!

Hey don't forget you drove across the state to meet me once Wink !!