Beginners and Beyond

Snowshoeing Sunday Penguins (Read 33 times)

From the Internet.

Awwww kittycat!! Big grin Big grin Glad you were able to give her a home, Rach!

Lifted this morning followed immediately by a run. 1.43 miles broken up with walk breaks, brings me to 3.23 total for the week Big grin Off to shower, ice the leg just in case, and then we have a 1st birthday party for one of DH's friend's youngest kids. Enjoy the rest of the weekend, colony!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats on finishing Damaris.  You just need that dry heat like in Vegas.

Zelanie

Congrats, D!  Does this get you a new level in the Marathon Maniacs?  And I hope the foot is OK!

I ran my 2nd half marathon today. Huge pr Smile I was at 2:18. Pretty close to a 30 min improvement since October. I will do a real race report tomorrow.

And Scotty was right. There were gators out there.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Yay T-rod and D!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

hog4life

Tomas and Damaris, congrats!

GinnyinPA

Congratulations Tomas and Damaris!  D - I'm sorry it sucked though - the heat or the race?  T - I hope the gators weren't too close. Looking forward to the RR.

Scotty - my pelvic sfx was last March.  I started running again in November and am up to about 15 mpw now, so the shoveling didn't hurt a bit.

Rach - beautiful cat.  What kind of dog do you have?  I hope they get along well.  My dog isn't good with cats, unfortunately.  I liked the photos of the plug ins.  I remember seeing them when visiting Alaska and being very glad I don't live anywhere that they are necessary.  Do you have the car seats with heat?

Lauren - good for you being careful with miles and icing.

AFM:  sunny and 34 deg. so I ran outside.  The snow is melting fast, but my feet still got a bit wet since I had to run on lawns occasionally to avoid traffic.  Met a very unfriendly loose dog, so I changed my planned route and ended up going quite a bit farther than intended.  I am very bad at doing 10% weekly increases, even when I check maps before I go.  Today was supposed to be 6 miles, up from 5.5, but ended up being 7.5 with 700' climbing.  I had to walk part of one hill, but managed to jog slowly up the others.  I felt good afterwards, just a little tired.

Bin Running

Kristin, Hurray for starting to exercise again... Sweat it out at the Gym...

Gustav, You had been spending lots of time on the bike.. Congrats on building to 1.5Miles now.. I need to listen to my body and take it seriously.. haa

Scotty, it is not too bad after you build it up slowly.. Still boring but I had some legs to chase if I am lucky.. haa When there's no legs, I just sing to myself while running.. yday, I sang the "here's my number so call me maybe" abt 20-30 times.. ;p I need more songs... Others are freezing their asses off and you are complaining abt 70+? hee

Mithch, Enjoy the day and rest.

Liz, Enjoy the 4-5M.. Tracks are boring but I sleep late and it's diff to run after 10am at my place outside.. the sun is too strong..

Rach, informative on winter car maintenance in Alaska.. Thanks..

Mel, I hope I am slowly getting it back.. Can't wait to see the cake..

Jerry, Congarts on the 4M today..

Damars, Awesoem job on #12...

Lauren, Enjoy the kid Birthday party...

Tomas, Congrats on the PR... You ran so consistently and much these few weeks.. PR is not a problem.. The answer is how much?.. You rocked it!

Ginny, LOL on the acidental 7.5M.. 10% is a guide.. If you legs are feeling fine.. then it ok.. But pay more attention to them these few days shldn't hurt..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Tomas, Congrats on the PR... You ran so consistently and much these few weeks.. PR is not a problem.. The answer is how much?.. You rocked it!

24 min PR. I looked up the times Smile

My legs are going to be sore tomorrow.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

TooStupidToStop

Rach^

Rach - beautiful cat.  What kind of dog do you have?  I hope they get along well.  My dog isn't good with cats, unfortunately.  I liked the photos of the plug ins.  I remember seeing them when visiting Alaska and being very glad I don't live anywhere that they are necessary.  Do you have the car seats with heat?

Nope, I don't have heated seats in my car. Never saw the need until I got here. 

I have a 25-lb English Cocker Spaniel. Baylee is about to be 11 years old in the next few weeks. The previous owner said the vet estimates Penny to be about 5 yrs old or so. Both are so relaxed. They get along just fine. Baylee is really laid back kind of dog and doesn't get up into Penny's face, which works out for both of them.

Docket_Rocket

I did LV, remember?  I had an anaphylactic asthma attack DURING the marathon because of all of the dust.

Congrats on finishing Damaris.  You just need that dry heat like in Vegas.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Not yet, but very soon.Big grin

I do have one marathon (at least) every month until June, so....Big grin

Congrats, D!  Does this get you a new level in the Marathon Maniacs?  And I hope the foot is OK!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Ginny, both.  I didn't do well after Mile 16 due to my reflux.  I left it all out of the course...literally.

Tomas, congratulations!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

I do remember your LV race, D.  That was horrible.

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

Damaris and Tomas - well done!

Rach - gorgeous cat!

AFM - SRD but we did score a nice weight machine off Craig's list for $50.  It is in great shape.   Other than that it it has been a loafing kind of day!