Beginners and Beyond

Fancy Friday Penguins (Read 14 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning Pens!

Why not be fancy on a Friday?  Unless of course it is your one dress down day per week at work ;-)  Today will be a super fancy day in NYC because the pope is in town - I predict massive gridlock (yay for the subway), people dressed up to meet and greet with him, and a lot of frustrated runners because they are closing the south third or so of Central Park for his visit today.

For some reason unknown to me I've been up since 4:30.  Today is either a streak run or rest/cross training day.  To be determined depending on how quickly I can get my Chinese homework done.  I really should start and finish the homework earlier in the week instead of leaving it for the day of the class.  As an adult I'm a terrible student.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

I guess I can be fancy!

7 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good morning, sapf. Hope you get your homework done and run/workout in.

Hi fancy Docket.

Definitely not fancy breakfast for me with old co-workers.  Then a short run this and some deck recovery.

Have a great weekend !!!

PADRunner

Nothing fancy for me today. 6 done, work and rest for tomorrows LR.

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

Jill, I am unmotivated with my Spanish class this semester.  I imagine Chinese is exponentially harder!

PAD, nice running.

Jerry, sounds like a fun day.

Damaris, have a good 7.

6 easy planned this morning.

So I think someone stole a small package off my front porch yesterday.  Either that or delivery driver lied/made a mistake, because I did NOT get the package.  Imagine the thief's disappointment when they realize it's a sports bra and not an iPhone.  

Docket_Rocket

Ugh, that has happened to me before and one time they stole a package and one time it was delivered to the neighbor.  Oh, and the time they lied.  So, all of the above?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

I fancy casual day at work. 

We got to see DD's photos last night- they don't do a lot of digital, but there's on up on FB if anybody's interested.  She looks so old in the photos, but that's probably just the mom talking.

Today I have 9 with strides.

Sapf- Good luck with the Pope's visit.  I need deadlines to get my stuff done too. Smile

D- Enjoy your fancy miles!

Jerry- Enjoy the relaxing day!

PAD- Have a good day!

Amazonian Princess

G'morning! I'm fancied up, indeed, wearing brand new Converse low tops to work 

RnR half is on Sunday and I am a fidgety mother-hugger. I did 4 miles of underpasses on Wednesday night and felt great, did an hour workout last night with the trainer and was a sweaty mess but still had lots left in the tank. I feel great and I'm worried the feeling won't last another 2 days. Sorry to sound needy, but my work people don't understand so I'm hoping Penguins will. If I feel this ready now, does it mean I didn't work hard enough in training

Leaving work in about 2 hours to visit the expo and get my packet. We've got our monthly couples massage tonight and I have no plans for Saturday except to relax and hydrate and maybe a yoga DVD. Last HM, I just wanted to finish the distance, and this time I just want a better time - and maybe not the cramping quads at the end

I can. I will. I am. 

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Sounds like you are ready, Bacon.  Enjoy the expo and RD tomorrow.   You will be fine.

GinnyinPA

Bacon - sounds like you're rested from your taper and ready to run. Have fun.

Anyone else racing this weekend?  Scotty?

We had an impromptu trip south, first to Greenbelt NP (so we could have dinner with family nearby) then to Maryland's Eastern Shore. We spent two days camped at Assateague Island and one at Pocomoke St. Pk.  Only one run and a few short hikes, but it was a nice trip.  Peaceful aside from the wind at the beach and the chiggers on yesterday's hike in the forest.  We saw lots of horses at the beach, but none came near when we were walking Ben.  He's still limping, so we didn't go far. I think the chiggers bit him too, as he's been scratching, a lot.

Zelanie

Bacon, you feel great because you are ready to rock!

Ginny- Sounds like a great trip!  I went to see the pony swim  once when I was a kid, and would love to see them in the wild.