Beginners and Beyond

Drag Assin' MonDAILIES (Read 32 times)

LRB

We're looking at a big cool off here later in the week though.

onemile

Ass dragging is right. 8 miles

Ass dragging is right. 

+2, for 5 miles.

Dave

onemile

+2, for 5 miles.

Ouch, you win

Ouch, you win

Thanks? I'm no longer reporting how slow my easy runs are, because I'm kind of sick of talking about it, and it's kind of embarrassing. Especially Mondays I guess, when my body still thinks it should be a rest day after a LR.

Dave

onemile

Thanks? I'm no longer reporting how slow my easy runs are, because I'm kind of sick of talking about it, and it's kind of embarrassing. Especially Mondays I guess, when my body still thinks it should be a rest day after a LR.

I think you'll adjust to it somewhat but Mondays are usually my slowest days too.  Because I usually have a Saturday workout followed by a Sunday LR or a big Sunday LR workout.

I wanted to say "please, no one look at my pace", but that would have guaranteed everyone would.

Dave

So, tomorrow I have what McMillan is calling a Fartlek Run (I don't want to get into how these things are defined. Although trying to decide whether I should call it strides or intervals in my log. Or just create a new one.)

Anyway, it calls for 8-10 x 1 min at 5k effort, with 1 min recovery jog. For onemile and/or anyone else who does this kind of workout - do you program your watch for this, or just wing it?

Dave

onemile

So, tomorrow I have what McMillan is calling a Fartlek Run (I don't want to get into how these things are defined. Although trying to decide whether I should call it strides or intervals in my log. Or just create a new one.)

Anyway, it calls for 8-10 x 1 min at 5k effort, with 1 min recovery jog. For onemile and/or anyone else who does this kind of workout - do you program your watch for this, or just wing it?

Addie calls it a fartlek when the intervals are defined by time instead of distance

I program it into my watch, yes.

Addie calls it a fartlek when the intervals are defined by time instead of distance

I program it into my watch, yes.

Ah. OK.

MTA: of course McMillan defines strides by time too. And easy runs.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Program it. I call them intervals in my log. I lose count very easily if I don't program it in.

Every so often, I have used the run/walk feature for the timing--there are some workouts in Hudson that call for X miles of 1 minute hard, 1 recovery. Only downside of that it you don't get the pace for each individual interval.

onemile

Ah. OK.

MTA: of course McMillan defines strides by time too. And easy runs.

Easy runs wouldn't be 'intervals by time'

I suppose strides could be called a fartlek if they are by time, but they would be a specific type of fartlek

onemile

I lose count very easily if I don't program it in.

Every so often, I have used the run/walk feature for the timing--there are some workouts in Hudson that call for X miles of 1 minute hard, 1 recovery. Only downside of that it you don't get the pace for each individual interval.

Yeah. I can't keep track of what one I am on when I'm running

For the "4 miles of 2 minutes on 2 minutes off" I estimate how many intervals it will take to cover 4 miles and program in a couple extra and then when I hit 4 miles, I just lap my watch thru the remaining ones

LRB

Never, always programmed. Mostly because I run before work and need to have an idea of how much time I'll need for the workout. That is a no-brainer when the workout is in distance, but not too hard to figure out when it's in time. Although, trying to figure out something like 2 x (4-3-2-1) with a different pace for each rep and 60 second jogs will make your head explode!

delicate flower

'Morning.  55 mile bike ride done, followed by a 4 mile brick run.  After being on my feet all friggin day yesterday, my legs wanted no part of my workouts this morning.  I got it done though.  My two Ironman roomies are sleeping right now, so I think I'll shower and then go putter around the village.

<3