Beginners and Beyond

Question about the beer after a race (Read 183 times)

Mostly harmless

for me, it's the idea of waiting in line for a beer after racing that keeps me away. If someone were to hand me a cold beer I would enjoy that very much.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

for me, it's the idea of waiting in line for a beer after racing that keeps me away. If someone were to hand me a cold beer I would enjoy that very much.

The line/s were definitely not motivational at all.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

All those other people who drink and eat minutes after racing just raced at wuss pace. Big grin

I think that more aid stations should hand out beers. being slow and drinking combine 2 of my favorite things.

I might get arrested if I practiced drinking and running too often Smile

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

RSX

I ran a 5k the other day and set a PR. Yeah that's right 3 free beers after starting off with just 1 ticket. A nice bonus was being able to walk home after,  as the race was just 1/4 mile from home.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

After yesterday I don't know if I could stomach a beer after a hard race.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)