Beginners and Beyond

Moving Day MonDAILIES (Read 51 times)

LRB

'Sup.

Now that I will be running 6 days a week (finally!), red cord will be Mondays at 1:00, so no lunges for me today. They are not fun or easy, but I think they are effective, so I'll need to find a day to put them.

'Sup?

Half Crazy K 2.0

Spring has arrived for the work week. Why couldn't it be this nice on the weekend? Probably a short and easy run after work, gotta take advantage of the beautiful weather.

LRB, can you do some lunges after a run?

LRB

Spring has arrived for the work week. Why couldn't it be this nice on the weekend? Probably a short and easy run after work, gotta take advantage of the beautiful weather.

LRB, can you do some lunges after a run?

It was colder than a bitch this weekend, which was a slap in de face because we all knew the warm weather was arriving today.

I've actually never considered that, but, I am stronger than I was, so I suppose I could spread them out over the week that way instead of doing them in one workout.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 10.1 miles, and it feels like spring.  I won't object.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Morning guys!

I'm back from my weekend hiatus.

Saturday was an easy 6ish on the trail with the g/f, and Sunday was a run every hill I could find LR, 18 miles with 850 feet of climbing.  I managed 70 miles for my cutback week and am feeling nice and fresh for this week.

Either 8 or 10 miles tonight plus hill sprints - have to check my plan when I get home.

Hope to catch up with you all when I get time!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 6 miles and weights.  Enjoy your warm weather.  The warmer you get, the more fucked up ours gets.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Two races done on Saturday, March 5th...

REPORT – MY 16TH RACE OF 2016 – THE ALUMNI ASSOCIATION DIPLOMA DASH on March 5th

LINK - - http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/594994d5cf3947e387b0069e0a6d28a9/resume#focus

I followed up the Diploma Dash by doing another 5K on the evening of March 5th.   It was like a little Mini-Mardi-Gras at Fort Sam Houston

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/e6e18988d58c45fc88b026cddc45e9af/resume#focus

and then on Sunday, slept in for the morning, and then  did a nice easy 3.2 miles on Sunday afternoon.

Today is a rest day from running. May do weight training circuit after work if I get motivated enough.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Cyberic...Noticed when reading over the weekend posts that you weren't happy with your Adios Boots.  Have you considered the Nike Lunaracer +3, or ever had it on your foot?  That's my go to race shoe - 5k to marathon - even though you don't see it stores very often.  It's only 6.2 ounces, but I find it to be both soft and responsive.  I'm fairly efficient, but not wire thin, so I'm guessing I'm bigger than you and have found it to be plenty of shoe.  I love Boost foam as well, especially in the Glide Boost or Ultra Boost, but think Lunaracer is superior to the Adios.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

bluerun

Super B****

25 trainer miles.

Someone once told me that they prefer the bike to running, because "you get to sit down."

If you actually think a saddle is a comfy place to veg out, there is something wrong with you.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

Happy Monday!  HOORAY MONDAY!!

2500 yard swim this morning at a 1:59/100 yard pace, which is the first time I've cracked the 2:00 pace barrier.  I'm pretty psyched about that.  The first time I swam 2500 yards was four months ago at a 2:43 pace.  I am making good progress.  Per usual, I've got a 4 mile jog on tap after work.  It is 5K race week, and as with all of my race weeks, Coach has scaled back the work this week.  It's like he wants me to race well or something.

<3

Cyberic

Cyberic...Noticed when reading over the weekend posts that you weren't happy with your Adios Boots.  Have you considered the Nike Lunaracer +3, or ever had it on your foot?  That's my go to race shoe - 5k to marathon - even though you don't see it stores very often.  It's only 6.2 ounces, but I find it to be both soft and responsive.  I'm fairly efficient, but not wire thin, so I'm guessing I'm bigger than you and have found it to be plenty of shoe.  I love Boost foam as well, especially in the Glide Boost or Ultra Boost, but think Lunaracer is superior to the Adios.

No I have not considered them. I'll have to look them up. But not now as I have enough shoes that need to be worn Smile

I love my Supernova Glide Boost also. I like the Adios 2 pre-Boost, and actually do like the Boost version also, except they give me blisters in one spot. It might be the pair I have, or it might be the model. I don't know. I have a pair of Boston Boost 5s still in the box. Hopefully I'll like those.

I have a pair of NB1400V2s that I really like also. I was not considering them for the marathon, but I might wear them on a long run to see if I like them for longer distances. If not, NP, I'll wear the Adios 2s (non-Boost) that served me well in September.

I'll run 6 Easy, indoors.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!!

My quads are on strike! lol That race on Saturday was rough, 3600ft in less than four miles, than a 1000ft drop in less than a mile!  That's the steepest descent I've been on, it was a lil scary.  Hardest 10 miles I've ever run.  I was really happy to pull a 1:58, 7th overall out of 108 finishers.  I'll take it considering I was fighting an infection all week.

Then of course, that wasn't enough, had to go run 24 miles on Sunday, good run on tired legs tho. Smile

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Mmmmm...beer

I'm going to call this course quad killer. lol  If I'm 100% next year I'll do the 50k, this profile three times over.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

SRD

Dave

Zelanie

6 easy with the group later on.

D2- Congrats on such a strong performance on a killer course!  That is a serious mountain you climbed (and descended!) there!