Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies - Thank you baby jesus. (Read 33 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 6.1 fucking fabulous miles!  I had to wait out storms, but it was 62F with a nice breeze.  My knee felt about the same at the end as it did last week after 3 miles.  Running 6 today was better than any amount of riding miles could have been.  I ran long enough that it was starting to get good, and I've sure missed that.  I will taunt the running gods with my optimism Smile.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

lol - That is great, PR.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice run, PR!

I have 4 miles tonight and a Cirque show (watching it, not participating, of course.  Don't like to break every bone in my body).

Damaris

onemile

I ran 8ish with a fartlek of 6min,5,4,3,2,1 with half easy between. Much better than Wednesdays workout.

LRB

It's not often that I begin a run in the rain, but I'm just about all out of excuses for not running this month. Blerg.

The respite has been great though. No complaints.

PR-  Awesome!

Eric- Wish ya all the best with your RP issues. Hopefully she will understand and continue to just run with ya.

Headed over to my local park for a 12/3 tempo. Warmed up 2mi and then ran 5k at tempo effort. Got a 19:22 split here which I'm pretty happy about considering the hills. Ran the rest of the miles easy. 7:12avg pace.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

delicate flower

Hi!

18 @ 7:18 avg.

<3

LRB

Hi!

18 @ 7:18 avg.

You're just a regular BQ machine these days. Too bad the run isn't first in the IM, or you would win them all.

LRB

PR-  Awesome!

Eric- Wish ya all the best with your RP issues. Hopefully she will understand and continue to just run with ya.

Headed over to my local park for a 12/3 tempo. Warmed up 2mi and then ran 5k at tempo effort. Got a 19:22 split here which I'm pretty happy about considering the hills. Ran the rest of the miles easy. 7:12avg pace.

Nice.

What's a 12/3 tempo? 12 total with 3 at tempo?

LRB

I went out for 7 but ended up with 7.25 in the rain. It was slow but about right.

Around the 5 mile mark, the sidewalk was ending so I crossed the street and happened upon a runner who had been running parallel to me. I tried to speed up a bit to get out of his space, but he sped up, so I slowed down, then he slowed down. Really dude?? Finally, I just stopped and let him go on about his dingbat ass way. Then, about a mile down the road, I came upon him stopped at a traffic light. Are you kidding me?? I turned right and jogged for about 200 meters rather than go through that nonsense all over again, then turned around and jogged back to cross where he had crossed, thus the extra quarter mile. Good grief.

delicate flower

You're just a regular BQ machine these days. Too bad the run isn't first in the IM, or you would win them all.

I can thank the 10 minute old man reward for turning 45 for that.

<3

sdWhiskers

7.5 miles for my "long" run, geez. I had a very stressful work week then did a 90 min Boot camp class last night. I am just wiped. Marathon training starts soon and I'm torn between trying to keep up a decent baseline vs taking some rest. I've cut down the mileage and intensity for the past 8 weeks but I'm thinking I may need a few days straight of no running.

We're going camping for 4 days next weekend...might be a good time to leave the running shoes at home.

From the Internet.

LORT. JEBUS. I went out with the LBS's Saturday group ride since the women's ride tomorrow is cancelled due to impending bad weather. The women's ride is typically ~75-90 minutes/<20 miles and I just assumed it'd be a similar distance.

I jumped in with the second group because I'm a cocky bastard and I'd been riding well on my own. I debated going with the slower group but decided I wanted more of a workout.

I dropped off the back pretty quickly, but we stopped to regroup multiple times and one of the ride leaders gave me a bunch of tips and encouragement and made sure I didn't get lost or left behind. I learned how/why to draft, I improved my gearing and hill climbing a bit, I managed to keep up with the group for a good while in the middle, and the next time I make it out to a Saturday ride I'll be more prepared to try to hang in the middle of the pack! In the meantime I'm gonna hit up some hill repeats to try to build some strength! 36+ miles/just over 2 hours, my longest ride ever with some of my fastest miles ever.

sdWhiskers

Around the 5 mile mark, the sidewalk was ending so I crossed the street and happened upon a runner who had been running parallel to me. I tried to speed up a bit to get out of his space, but he sped up, so I slowed down, then he slowed down. Really dude?? Finally, I just stopped and let him go on about his dingbat ass way. Then, about a mile down the road, I came upon him stopped at a traffic light. Are you kidding me?? I turned right and jogged for about 200 meters rather than go through that nonsense all over again, then turned around and jogged back to cross where he had crossed, thus the extra quarter mile. Good grief.

Lol

As a slower woman, I find that whenever I come up behind a guy runner, he'll speed up tremendously (ego?) and take off.  Problem solved!

From the Internet.

Oh and all this cross-training has done great things for my run workouts! I'm back to keeping up with my old track group for club workouts again, averaging in the mid-6s for 5K worth of intervals. TIME FOR A 5K PR! Big grin Sub-20 will have to wait until next year, but I'm gunning for sub-21 when fall weather hits.