Beginners and Beyond

Manpris (Read 98 times)

LRB

Or running tights in general.  Girls, boys, let's hear it; do you?  Could you?  Would you?

I wear tights all the time in the winter*. Typically with a wind blocking compression brief underneath. I do have a pair of manpri's that my buddy at the LRS gave me. I wear them with compression socks in winter occasionally so it kind of looks like I'm wearing tights.

My personal opinion is that I don't really get the functional need for them otherwise. It's either tights or shorts for me.

*while running. I don't think they would go over well if I wore them to work.

Mmmmm...beer

Same here, shorts or tights/pants, nothing in between for me.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

delicate flower

I own one pair and if I wear them I usually wear track pants over them...strictly a warmth thing.  Being a cyclist, I have no problem wearing full length spandex with nothing over it.

<3

catwhoorg

Labrat

Tights yes

Capris no

Shorts yes

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

No tights (so far), only running pants. I get cheap ones from Target, and they've seemed to work for me in some pretty brutal winter conditions. Haven't had any problems with legs getting cold, but the aforementioned wind-blocking undies are key for the more critical regions, plus an extra layer of compression shorts when really cold.

Dave

LRB

I am speaking of full length running tights by the way which I stupidly refer to as manpris, mostly because I'm stupid. 

onemile

I am speaking of full length running tights by the way which I stupidly refer to as manpris, mostly because I'm stupid. 

Manpri's are 3/4 length tights.

Manpri's on the left (with appropriate shoe/sock color combo for St. Pat's run) and tights on the right. Wink

B-Plus

ICYMI - I ordered a pair.

LRB

See, told ya I'm stupid. 

PADRunner

Tights yes

Capris no

Shorts yes

+1

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Cheap Asics tights all winter.  No Manpris.

B-Plus

Come on show me some manpri love!

I have to be honest, the first time I tried tights on I was laughing hysterically at myself. I dunno what's gonna happen when I don the manpris. I guess I better not look at myself 

Just recently bought running tights from local store.  So glad I wore them in sub 30 weather for training runs and races. Of course I'm not brazen like some dudes, I wear running shorts over them.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot