Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES etc (Read 39 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

10 min elliptical, 2 miles slow-jogging.  I'm cautiously optimistic that it wasn't a bad idea.  I'll see how it feels at the end of the day.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

Good morning!

10 min elliptical, 2 miles slow-jogging.  I'm cautiously optimistic that it wasn't a bad idea.  I'll see how it feels at the end of the day.

Have a great day folks!

Wonderful.

LRB

I woke up quite a few times during the night but somehow managed to oversleep like a mother fucker.

The weird thing is, is that my phone alarm was set for 5:20 and dismissed itself at 5:45.  So that was five times that I didn't hear the 30 second alarm...

Whatever. -_-

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 12 miles and my massage therapist appointment.

PleasantRidge, nice to hear!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I woke up quite a few times during the night but somehow managed to oversleep like a mother fucker.

The weird thing is, is that my phone alarm was set for 5:20 and dismissed itself at 5:45.  So that was five times that I didn't hear the 30 second alarm...

Whatever. -_-

That's why I wake up on the first alarm.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

'Morning.  I swam before work.

9, 10, 11, 12, and 3 o'clock meetings on my calendar.  Christ Almighty.  And people wonder why work never gets done around here.

<3

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

'Morning.  I swam before work.

9, 10, 11, 12, and 3 o'clock meetings on my calendar.  Christ Almighty.  And people wonder why work never gets done around here.

You need to call a meeting to discuss that.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good morning crazy people, it was 46 degrees this morning when Rocky and I headed out. We ran 7.2 easy miles, Rocky did really good.... we also had a standoff with a skunk around mile 4.5, after 5 minutes of it I decided to be the bigger person and choose a different road.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

This has been an unusually shitty sleep week for me, even by my normal shitty sleep standards. I did get up with the 5:00 alarm, but I felt like I was going to fall asleep for literally the entire 30 min drive to the gym. Not good.

Low 40's, starting to push long sleeve weather, but holding out as long as I can. Just because. 6 miles nice & easy.

Dave

LRB

This has been an unusually shitty sleep week for me, even by my normal shitty sleep standards. 

Seriously. That's twice this week I didn't/couldn't get up for morning runs. I'm starting to wonder if that big ass moon has had an effect on me.

bluerun

Super B****

AlterG 7.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

The thought of running after work was too much to bear (seriously, I give all the credit in the world to evening runners, but I gotta get that shit done before my day starts), so I took an extended lunch break and knocked out 8.

delicate flower

Looks like our little annual turkey trot has some competition this year....

http://www.courant.com/sports/olympics/hc-galen-rupp-manchester-road-race-1118-20161117-story.html

I am not running this, but now I kind of wish I was.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I might go for another 2-3 miles tonight, just cause I feel like it. But Jetta will stay home (sorry girl) just for safety's sake. She'll be hopefully going in sometime next week too confirm any improvement, only because she seemed to have improved too damn quick and because the vet did mention something about it could've been caused by a tick infection (the inflammation and pain and stuff). We will see.

Forecast is showing Saturday to have a high of 47 and Sunday a high of 46... should be fun out there getting in 16 miles Sunday, and then our anniversary party. Maybe I'll be able to use the fireplace at the shelter 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Looks like our little annual turkey trot has some competition this year....

http://www.courant.com/sports/olympics/hc-galen-rupp-manchester-road-race-1118-20161117-story.html

I am not running this, but now I kind of wish I was.

Dude, that field is LOADED with elites. Damn.