Beginners and Beyond

5 shots of espresso Fridailies (Read 47 times)

delicate flower

WAKEY WAKEY!  Where the hell is everyone?  Not a great night of sleep for me and the wife thanks to the dog having the poops last night.  Poor dog.  I still dragged my lazy butt to the pool for a 2400 yard swim before work, then stopped for a Harbux five shot Americano for recovery and am currently riding that high.  4 mile recovery jog later today.

Please respond.

<3

on my way to badass

I'm up, but unproductive.  Dishes not done.  Run not done.  You're making us all look bad Baboon.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Half Crazy K 2.0

I'm at work. It's raining. Again. And people forgot how to drive. Guess I'll run after work.

Baboon, did your dig at least get outside? Nothing says fun night like cleaning dog bodily functions in the middle of the night.

delicate flower

I'm at work. It's raining. Again. And people forgot how to drive. Guess I'll run after work.

Baboon, did your dig at least get outside? Nothing says fun night like cleaning dog bodily functions in the middle of the night.

Yeah, she stirs and whines when she needs to go out.  She's good about that.  I've had to clean my share of dog messes though...not fun.

<3

Docket_Rocket

I am at work to do a deposition and as soon as I am done I'm going home.  Feeling better but need some sleep after many sleepless coughfull nights.  Don't think I'll run today but I'll see how I feel tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Dave

Cyberic

One would think after a marathon training cycle I would be in good shape. Not. Yesterday I cut my workout short because them intervals were really getting to me, and today I'm still tired. Of course it might also my bad night of sleep. But I feel it in my legs.

I might run a recovery 3-4 at lunch, or not run at all. I'll see. The more I think about it, the more I think I will not run.

Have a nice day everyone.

One would think after a marathon training cycle I would be in good shape. Not. Yesterday I cut my workout short because them intervals were really getting to me, and today I'm still tired. Of course it might also my bad night of sleep. But I feel it in my legs.

Ha. My legs feel pretty damn good for the week after a mary, but I cannot imagine what intervals would be like. Other than probably very slow. I may try a 5k in a couple weeks anyway, lol.

Dave

Cyberic

Ha. My legs feel pretty damn good for the week after a mary, but I cannot imagine what intervals would be like. Other than probably very slow. I may try a 5k in a couple weeks anyway, lol.

If I actually enjoyed racing for mingling with the runner crowd and all that, then I would race this coming weekend. I'm in a good enough shape for that. I mean, I am not hurt and don't think I would injure myself from running as hard as I could for 10K or less.

But the part I like about racing is performing. I don't feel like I'm in good enough shape to perform, yet.

If I actually enjoyed racing for mingling with the runner crowd and all that, then I would race this coming weekend. I'm in a good enough shape for that. I mean, I am not hurt and don't think I would injure myself from running as hard as I could for 10K or less.

But the part I like about racing is performing. I don't feel like I'm in good enough shape to perform, yet.

I'm not gonna race if I don't think I can PR. Not sure whether I'll be able to do that 3 weeks after a marathon or not. I probably won't know till I try it, so I'll probably try it.

Dave

Cyberic

I'm not gonna race if I don't think I can PR. 

Pretty much this, myself. This time, though, I'm pretty sure I would PR, but that is because my 10K best is from 2 years ago and I know I'm faster than I was then.

Approaching the finish line Sunday. Floater! First time I've ever raced in a hat. It was literally a last second decision before walking out the door. I think it was a good call.

Dave

LRB

I would have to retire from racing if the goal was only to strictly race for PRs. lol

LRB

Approaching the finish line Sunday. Floater! First time I've ever raced in a hat. It was literally a last second decision before walking out the door. I think it was a good call.

Nice pic DavePWingsonyourfeet.

It was a damn good call. I wish I would have thought to wear a hat. Sad

LRB

I am at work to do a deposition and as soon as I am done I'm going home.  Feeling better but need some sleep after many sleepless coughfull nights.  Don't think I'll run today but I'll see how I feel tonight.

Are you still dealing with the effects from the concrete dust?