Beginners and Beyond

2013 in 2013-Collective Soles: Congratulations, Soles! (Read 440 times)

aponi

never runs the tangents

I got it in later in the evening. I fear I won't be much help though. I do not like the cold no I do not.

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

It's that time again! Post your miles for week 4!

LINK

MM #8764 / HF #6535 / Double Agent #668

PRs: 5K - 27:43, 10K - 57:14, HM - 2:06:18, FM - 5:22:42

~How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were supposed to be?~

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

Bump!

Mmmmm...beer

Got mine in, 52.3 for the week, much better.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Awesome, Dave.  Glad the ITBS(?) seems to have resolved.

You can call me Anna

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

Woot! Go Dave!

Jess runs for bacon

I'm back in double digit land! 10.45 miles for the week Smile

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

I'm back in double digit land! 10.45 miles for the week Smile

Jess runs for bacon

Thanks!!! I've only been able to run 3 to 3.5 miles at a time, but I'm back to 4 days a week. Woot woot!

sirdizzy

Man I really should have signed up for 1500 instead of 1750, I just don't know if I will ever get the 1750 with all the ironman training I am doing, I am missing a run a week normally for a swim right now, going to try and do a double tomorrow so I don't miss a run as I'd like to be at least on pace for 1500 after January.  Was a rough month, I am sure I will make it up once the HiM is over and I got into a marathon training cycle but was thinking of doing a cross tri/marathon plan again this year and doing Kokopelli Olympic again 3 weeks before the marathon.

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

Dizzy, you are allowed to change your goal once before June 30th (?). I would give it a little while longer though before you make the change. When are the races?

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

Still waiting for jneilt, troy41, Run Nai Run, jeffbrig, Loves Summer!, and WrappedUpInBooks to post. C'mon guys!

sirdizzy

Dizzy, you are allowed to change your goal once before June 30th (?). I would give it a little while longer though before you make the change. When are the races?

Half Ironman is in May, Kokopelli Olympic is in September and STG marathon is in October.  I am not doing many other races this year I think.  I have a Olympic Dualathlon (3 mile run, 24 mile bike, 3 mile run) next Saturday, doing one of my three pr attempts at a half this year on the 23rd, I have volunteered to pace again for a half in March (doing the 2:10 group this time), also thinking of doing a 10k in March I have only ever ran 2 in all my years racing,  going to try and pr a Sprint triathlon in  a warmup for the HiM in April, HiM in May then will try and half pr in July as my warmup half for the marathon, likely run another 5k with my 3 year old in September along with the Olympic, marathon in October and last half pr attempt in November and another sprint tri pr attempt that month as well.

LOL I have eliminated all 5ks as I hate them except the one I am running with my kid.  My schedule looks like all triathlons and half marathons with one lone marathon.  I think if I want any other races I will just volunteer to pace or do some fun races with the Underground runner series,  Heck if I were to add any other races it would be triathlons thinking of doing a summer Olympic.

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

That's quite the schedule, but at least you're building through the year. I wouldn't think about changing your goal just yet.

Hi Collective Soles,

I've been assigned to your team as a replacement runner. First I want to thank Kristen and Angela for the very welcoming emails. I'm very happy to be on a team and hope I can contribute. I don't have a facebook account, but I will think about getting one. Until then hopefully I can hang out on this thread.

I promise to always post on time unless I'm dead. I've actually showed my daughter how to log on my account in case I'm unable to, but I think if I was dead she might forget Shocked  (okay, maybe that humor is a bit warped).

I'm committed to 1000 miles, which is 19.x per week, and I hate getting that blue frowny face, so I really work at getting at least that mileage.  I'm hoping to get into MCM which would then increase my mileage in the summer. Won't know until registration, March 27 (not that I'm counting the days).

Thanks for having me on the team

Kim