Beginners and Beyond

2013 in 2013-Collective Soles: Congratulations, Soles! (Read 440 times)

Hi Collective Soles,

I've been assigned to your team as a replacement runner. First I want to thank Kristen and Angela for the very welcoming emails. I'm very happy to be on a team and hope I can contribute. I don't have a facebook account, but I will think about getting one. Until then hopefully I can hang out on this thread.

I promise to always post on time unless I'm dead. I've actually showed my daughter how to log on my account in case I'm unable to, but I think if I was dead she might forget Shocked  (okay, maybe that humor is a bit warped).

I'm committed to 1000 miles, which is 19.x per week, and I hate getting that blue frowny face, so I really work at getting at least that mileage.  I'm hoping to get into MCM which would then increase my mileage in the summer. Won't know until registration, March 27 (not that I'm counting the days).

Thanks for having me on the team

Kim

This made me LOL for real.

Welcome.  You can do like Kristen (Runny_babbit) does and just have one for your running peeps.   I only signed up within the last year or so based on pressure from some old college friends, my sister and cousins.   I rarely ever post a status and use it mostly to stay connected with 2013 in 2013 teams.

You can call me Anna

Jess runs for bacon

Welcome Kim! Hopefully you can pick up my slack Tongue

Welcome Kim! Hopefully you can pick up my slack Tongue

Lilac, I've already followed you down the "virtual half marathon" path. I ended up doing the double down for that race, and my whole family did the 5k (only my daughter and I were official). My husband won as expected, and my kids were going to run with me, till near the end when they were going to sprint and beat me. However, at the one mile mark, my cross country daughter who has a PR about 5 minutes faster than me, dropped to a walk, and at two miles, my son who is about to start army basic training, dropped to a walk, and I ended up second. Woo Hoo! I've enjoyed reminding them both of that fact. And I had actually ran the half marathon 2 days before.

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

Welcome to the team, Kim!

I've heard MCM sells out fast, good luck getting in.

MM #8764 / HF #6535 / Double Agent #668

PRs: 5K - 27:43, 10K - 57:14, HM - 2:06:18, FM - 5:22:42

~How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were supposed to be?~

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

Thread is here ==> LINK

Post 'em up, guys, for week 5!

Jess runs for bacon

Lilac, I've already followed you down the "virtual half marathon" path. I ended up doing the double down for that race, and my whole family did the 5k (only my daughter and I were official). My husband won as expected, and my kids were going to run with me, till near the end when they were going to sprint and beat me. However, at the one mile mark, my cross country daughter who has a PR about 5 minutes faster than me, dropped to a walk, and at two miles, my son who is about to start army basic training, dropped to a walk, and I ended up second. Woo Hoo! I've enjoyed reminding them both of that fact. And I had actually ran the half marathon 2 days before.

Woo woo! I thought for sure I would come in last place (walked 7 of the last miles, this is when I hurt myself) but I didn't thankfully. Glad to hear you enjoyed it. That medal was awesome! I can't wait to do another with them, everything came out so cool. I even wore my bib for the "race."

I'll post my miles later tonight when I update my Garmin. I threw a pity part last week but now that's out of my system. Hoping for at least 12 miles this week at a minimum (assuming I am still only able to run 3 miles or so at a stretch), but I am going to aim for as many as I can tonight and hoping for some extra warm up/cool down miles in my two 5ks this weekend.

sirdizzy

Kim needs to pick up the slack for me too, I really just need to revise my goal as I don't think after 4 and half months of ironman training I can make up all the miles I will behind by the time marathon training kicks in.  1500 sounds about right thats a nice 30 mile a week average.  I have been hitting about 30 miles a week and thats it right now, my swims have been too critical so I have been missing a run each week for a swim but I am already at 13,750 meters for the year so I am happy with that swimming wise.

Going to do my first OWS of the year even if the water is 42 degrees on Wednesday.

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

Still looking for sirdizzy, troy41, jeffbrig, and never run to post for week 5! c'mon guys!

Week 5 LINK

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

Bump

sirdizzy

Crap forgot to post luckily its Tuesday, what did I run last week 30.2 let me go find the thread.

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

bump!

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

Bumpity-bump!

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

Albu, sirdizzy, never run, lilac_jive, Loves Summer!, jeffbrig!  C'mon guys! Post those miles!

LINK

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

bump...

Jess runs for bacon

Posted, sorry I was behind.