Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: You know how we do it! (Read 44 times)

LRB

'Sup True.

Give it to me straight; what's on your agenda today?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

What is up Rick? Are you still dealing with cold ass weather?

Rocky and I ran 4.6 miles earlier this morning, then I went to the gym to focus on shoulders and delts - 45 minutes of that.

Dumbbell Lateral Raises: 12.5lbsX10reps, 12.5lbsX10reps, 10lbsX12reps, 12.5lbsX10reps, 10lbsX12reps, 15lbsX6reps

Shoulder Shrugs: 20lbsX18reps, 20lbsX18reps, 22.5lbsX12reps, 22.5lbsX12reps, 25lbsX10reps, 22.5lbsX12reps

Loaded Plate Shoulder Press: 50lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 50lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 50lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps

Barbell Upright Row: 6 sets/ 12 reps/ 30 lbs

Rear Delt: 45lbsX12reps, 50lbsX8reps, 45lbsX12reps, 50lbsX12reps, 45lbsX12reps, 50lbsX10reps

Front Plate Raise: 25lbsX12reps, 35lbsX8reps, 25lbsX12reps, 35lbsX8reps, 25lbsX12reps, 35lbsX10reps

If I am feeling up to it later this afternoon, I'll probably take Dorian for another 3 miler.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

From the Internet.

4 easy miles this morning, gym at some point later on.

Also, I REGISTERED FOR A MARATHON. D:

delicate flower

Wake up now, people!

I tell ya whut, running a double on zero sleep and while recovering from a cold sure does leave a man tired the next day.  Feeling good though!  I've got an hour of easy running to do after work today, and will run that at an I-just-don't-give-a-shit pace.  Tough run tomorrow...need to save my legs.  First though, I've got a work day then a hair cut (hooray!) to get through.

I've lost some weight.  Need to eat more.

<3

delicate flower

I like this snippet from our local news website this morning:

2015:  So Far, The Coldest Year Ever

It was probably colder during the last ice age.

Probably.

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I did get my run/walk in after work after a friend's retirement party.   Nice 3.3 easy miles done at a local park that has some great soft-dirt trails, felt sweet on the legs.   Temp of 78 degrees, 66%  humidity, but lots of cloud cover and a nice breeze making it feel good out there, so a very nice outing.

My first 5K of the month is today after work at 6:30 PM, the April Fool's 5K.  Of course since it is April Fool's, the course may not actually be a 5K, it may be longer or may be shorter....only time will tell....literally!

We have rain 'threatening' today;  hopefully not at 5K time though.   San Antonio forecast for the next 7 days....

Happy April Fools!

I also registered for a really good local 5K coming up in June.  My Race Director friend thanked me for my registration with this photo, lol....at last, a photo that doesn't show all my fat...  

Scottydog Freeda photo Scottydog Freeda Run_zps0eejgkmq.jpg

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

StepbyStep-SH

Hi, all!! Long time, no forum. Just busy (and not running, of course).

Post-op appointment Monday - they said I am "ahead of the curve" in recovery, and cleared me for any non-impact workouts (swim, bike, walk, elliptical) with a simple "let pain be your guide." PT starts next week to strengthen the structure that will support that knee in absence of a functioning ACL. Next appointment is 4 weeks out, and they expect to clear me for running then, with the caveat that I might need to use an ACL brace (ick) or modify some of how I do things like downhill running.

Today - 1000m in the pool in 45 minutes.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

LRB

That is an awesome advertisement Scotty!

LRB

Wake up now, people!

I tell ya whut, running a double on zero sleep and while recovering from a cold sure does leave a man tired the next day.  Feeling good though!  I've got an hour of easy running to do after work today, and will run that at an I-just-don't-give-a-shit pace.  Tough run tomorrow...need to save my legs.  First though, I've got a work day then a hair cut (hooray!) to get through.

I've lost some weight.  Need to eat more.

Not necessarily losing weight but losing fat from my stupid ugly face.

I had thus decided during my run that breakfast today will be a stack of hotcakes!

cjones1

Good morning everybody!

8m w/ 5 @ HMP this morning.  Felt very much under control.  Feeling good about my race.

@Lauren710 - Umm, congratulations!  Here's to another few months of torture. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

4 easy miles this morning, gym at some point later on.

Also, I REGISTERED FOR A MARATHON. D:

AWESOME!!!! Which one?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

From the Internet.

AWESOME!!!! Which one?

Philadelphia! Bunch of my running club friends are running either the full or the half, and my mom's going to come with to hold my phone and cheer for me at the finish Big grin

LRB

8m w/ 5 @ HMP this morning.  Felt very much under control.  Feeling good about my race.

You have completely killed this cycle!

Zelanie

Worked late last night and bailed on my run, but hopefully that means I'm prepared for today, right?  Still got over 200 for the month, no need to get too crazy.  8-10 planned for tonight after work.