Beginners and Beyond

Super Early FRIDAilies (Read 41 times)

bluerun

Super B****

Well, not so super early for me, but forgive my excitement ...

That's my second-fastest HM, and nearly an eleven-minute course PR.  

You?!?!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Zelanie

Congrats, Bluerun!  I'm so glad that you had a good race!

I guess I should be getting to bed now.  But I did run 10 with 7 at MP on Thursday night.

delicate flower

Congratulations, bluer!  Nice way to start the dailies!  Smile

I jogged three miles already...it's still dark out.  Time to shower and waddle my way to the office....

<3

Cyberic

Hey! That's great bluerun! Big congratulations from snowy Montreal!

Yes, I woke up to a couple of inches of snow this morning, and temps are going to be below freezing for a few days, so we're stuck with it for a little while.

I totally don't see myself flying halfway across the world to race a HM. Going to Boston is going to be a lifetime expedition.

LRB

but forgive my excitement ...

Isn't that like some sort of oxymoron?

Nice way to pop your dailies cherry. There have been a few of those around here lately, hopefully there will be more.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

WTG bluerun!

Good morning.  I ran 3.2 very easy miles.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

You?!?!

I am actually off work today and will get out shortly for the first of three DAYLIGHT runs this weekend FFS. I have a full slate on tap for today but not having to go in is always nice.

delicate flower

I am glad my HM was not this morning because it was all I could do to get my scrawny legs to move 3 miles at an 8:40 pace.     I will assume that is from the extra rest.

<3

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Way to go Blue!  That's a huge course PR. I'm guessing you should be able to challenge your PR on a favorable course?  I really like the medal too. I don't like how races are just trying to make them huge now. I'd rather have them be designed, like yours is.

Resting for me - exciting stuff.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Half Crazy K 2.0

Great race Bluerun!

bluerun

Super B****

Thanks, guys!! 

Way to go Blue!  That's a huge course PR. I'm guessing you should be able to challenge your PR on a favorable course?  I really like the medal too. I don't like how races are just trying to make them huge now. I'd rather have them be designed, like yours is.

Well... when I ran this course in 2013, I ran 1:51... and then a flat 1:44 a couple of months later.  By my calculations, this means I can now run a flat 1:33. 

All the distances here had the same medal -- the marathon one was bigger, and the 5K/10K one was smaller, but they all had the same design.

And FREE RACE PICTURES!!  (Of course, I'm probably going to buy the official ones too, assuming I get any, because I really love this race and the price of race photos in Israel is SO much more reasonable than in the States.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

I went out for 6 but ended up with 7.5, oops! I'm not really sure what happened there, I just felt like running today. It's very odd too because I rarely if ever extend the distance of a planned run. The pace got away from me a bit but it was all in stride, not contrived (I didn't look until I loaded the run). It was one of those good runs, you know the kind we used to have before we completely lost our minds in speed work and training? Yes, that.

I went out for 6 but ended up with 6. 

^this.

MTA: congrats bluerun!

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 4-6 on the TM after work and before heading to the airport.  My forecast is still yucky, with high winds, rain, and screw Damaris' marathon weather, seems like.  Oh, well. I'll still have a good time.  You just don't put Yuengling and Shamrock in the same name and suck as a race.

Congrats, bluerun!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Blue: That is an amazing course PR!  Well done.

8 easy with 10x100 strides for me.