Beginners and Beyond

Where Have All the MONDAILIES Gone? (Read 45 times)

Good morning.

Last night, I did weights, abs, push-ups, and an hour on the AMT, on which I set the incline to 5/5 and the resistance to 15/20.

I just finished 50:04 on the TM. 0:00-39:00 were at 6.6mph (9:05). 39:00-44:00 were at 6.7mph (8:57). 44:00-46:18 were at 6.6mph (9:05). I finished with 46:18-50:04 at 4.1mph (14:37).

I'll do push-ups and abs at home tonight.

LRB

Good morning.

I am headed out for a 4 mile jog.

happylily

It was supposed to be a rest day, but I think I'll run 7 at recovery. The daylight saving time change is making it easier for me to run after work and I'm actually starting to enjoy running again in the early evening. So I might as well run when the desire is there.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I only slept 4 hours last night.  7 miles after work.

And what a day at work!  I get to question David Cassidy at his meeting of creditors (I am the one conducting it).  Entertainment Tonight said they might come to watch; they better not, ugh.  Still, I put on my makeup a bit more carefully today just in case.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

'Morning.  Weekend needs to be about six days longer.  Not that I can't handle work today, but I'd prefer to not be at work today.

Today's marathon training plan calls for a double.  I really did not want to run early this morning, but I dragged my butt to the gym and did 6 easy miles on the treadmill.  Glad I got it done.  Post-work calls for an hour of easy running, which will not be on the treadmill.  Coach is keeping the volume up this week but has me running everything easy heading in my HM Saturday.  It's an important race for me.

Time to go find coffee!

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Non-running day for me after my two weekend 5Ks:

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/0f9399f7d75142a0ab756ea50d7422a6/resume#focus

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/726537f708bc40cbb00d0ce9c2218ec0/resume#focus

Will probably do my weight training circuit after work, depending on how motivated I get.  I have been very lazy lately in the weight training circuit area.  Bad dog, bad dog!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

It was supposed to be a rest day, but I think I'll run 7 at recovery.

This was my thinking today as well. I learned last season that doing so after a high mileage week or long run makes my subsequent runs in the week much easier.

As such I spent much of the first mile running at a 10:30 pace, but eventually loosened up towards the end.

It's one of the important aspects about easy running outside versus on the belt; your body picks the pace, you do not.

delicate flower

This was my thinking today as well. I learned last season that doing so after a high mileage week or long run makes my subsequent runs in the week much easier.

As such I spent much of the first mile running at a 10:30 pace, but eventually loosened up towards the end.

It's one of the important aspects about easy running outside versus on the belt; your body picks the pace, you do not.

'Sup.

<3

Docket_Rocket

I might have to run my first TM run this week. It's too fucking early for that shit!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

Totally agree. I am learning to not feel guilty about starting at 10:00 on the belt, even though I know it feels good and right. I'm getting better at it, but it's still a struggle. I always fear that it will make me an even slower runner. But then I see guys, like yourself, who are a 1000 times faster than me and you all seem to have no problem running in the 9:00/10:00 range. So why should I feel embarrassed? I'm a head case...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Totally agree. I am learning to not feel guilty about starting at 10:00 on the belt, even though I know it feels good and right. I'm getting better at it, but it's still a struggle. I always fear that it will make me an even slower runner. But then I see guys, like yourself, who are a 1000 times faster than me and you all seem to have no problem running in the 9:00/10:00 range. So why should I feel embarrassed? I'm a head case...

lol

It's a beautiful head!

LRB

I might have to run my first TM run this week. It's too fucking early for that shit!

Cry me a river. lol

It's good you have that option, as does those to the north of you.

LRB

'Sup.

The man said a double, so that!

Incidentally, I found that running doubles was not all that difficult as I thought they would be.

Docket_Rocket

Cry me a river. lol

It's good you have that option, as does those to the north of you.

Yes but I don't want to run on it for 10 months!  I just don't want to hurt my lungs before Paris and 88F at 6pm tomorrow is not going to make them better.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

The attorney for the 930 is late because he thought his was at 1030.  Maybe he read about David Cassidy's meeting and made that excuse so he is still here when he arrives.

Except I am here stuck in the room with the moldy bookcases. Not happy.

Damaris

Fundraising Page