Beginners and Beyond

Freaky FriDailies (Read 26 times)

RunningOnSand

is anyone shopping today? Running? Biking? Other? Rest? Post it!

Docket_Rocket

We work today but it's my Friday off so I call that a win-win.  I have Pilates, vet with Bugsy and 16 miles.

No shopping for me.  When I went to Pilates yesterday at 10:30am, there was a line at Best Buy.  At 10:30am! WTF.  People rather spend 24 hours sitting on the floor to save a couple hundred dollars?  That's not me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunningOnSand

I made this yesterday (other things, too, but this was the highlight). I doubled it, and even omitted a whole cup (!) of brown sugar, and it still tasted like dessert. I don’t know why i bothered to eat dessert afterwards.

Cyberic

Running? 

Of course! I need to get to work!

RunningOnSand

That sounds like hell to me. Dh got up at like midnight one year and got some stuff for our kids but didn’t feel like the deals were worth it. So hasn’t since then.

We work today but it's my Friday off so I call that a win-win.  I have Pilates, vet with Bugsy and 16 miles.

No shopping for me.  When I went to Pilates yesterday at 10:30am, there was a line at Best Buy.  At 10:30am! WTF.  People rather spend 24 hours sitting on the floor to save a couple hundred dollars?  That's not me.

RunningOnSand

And a damn fine way to get there.

Of course! I need to get to work!

LRB

is anyone shopping today? Running?

The former is complete; one Black Friday $10 off the already early bird pricing for a spring half that I could not pass up (I usually never register for anything other than a marathon this early) and a pair of yellow running shorts (that I'll most likely never wear) from The 'House for no other reason than I don't have any.

The latter will take place after I roll out.

word

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Running is planned, but I'm waiting until the temps get out of the teens.  Shopping is a necessity today since my coffee maker broke.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

I made this yesterday (other things, too, but this was the highlight). I doubled it, and even omitted a whole cup (!) of brown sugar, and it still tasted like dessert. I don’t know why i bothered to eat dessert afterwards.

I ate it yesterday as well. It was delicious! And yes, why I bothered with the peach cobbler and banana pudding cake afterwards is an utter mystery!

Half Crazy K 2.0

No shopping unless it's on-line. After the 2 hours turned into 4 at the car dealership on Monday, I had to take the stupid car back in this morning. We started driving to my parents, got about 15 minutes in, DH hit the brakes & the car started vibrating and didn't stop. We had to turn around, come home & switch vehicles. So I drove over to the dealership this morning. Guess the crowds already passed, there was hardly anyone out on the roads.

Nice racing yesterday One mile & Runshortii.

delicate flower

'Morning, folks!  I swam this morning and I will run later, with a work day wedged in between (boooo!).  Meanwhile, DW went to Vermont to go skiing, and to that I say GOOD, use that season pass.  There is literally nobody else in this office today, which will make bailing early very easy.

I just went to register for a 5K and they don't have online registration.  Don't these RD's know they'll get more people signing up if they did? 

<3

delicate flower

Oh, my Ironman Chattanooga finisher's jacket is supposed to be delivered today, two months after I bought it.  I bought it at the event but had to return it and yada yada yada it took two months to get a replacement jacket.

<3

Docket_Rocket

RoS, our Puerto Rican version is with marshmallows on top. Hubby makes me do it every year. My vegetarian pot pie was amazingly good. I ate a bit of turkey.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

sdWhiskers

SRD.

Did a little online shopping last night from the comfort of my bed. Perfect.

DH is heading to the giant local running store for shoes. Like, he wants to try on a bunch of pairs. On Black Friday. HAHAHA good luck with that. I predict a 3 hour trip where they upsell him on unneeded socks and inserts which will erase any Black Friday "deals".

sdWhiskers

I just went to register for a 5K and they don't have online registration.  Don't these RD's know they'll get more people signing up if they did? 

Like you have to mail a check? wtf