Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES (Read 35 times)

LRB

Yo!

I am heading out for a spin in temps in the mid 30's but lots of wind. Should be good though after the first mile or so.

See ya!

delicate flower

'Morning.  Car's in the shop for routine maintenance LMFAO

I'll run later today.  Something easy and in the seven mile range.  I was going to run before work but it's funny how that didn't happen.

SRD yesterday was awful...just awful.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Not sure if I will run tonight.  Last night was not a good one.  We'll see what I decide to do later.

Christmas lunch party here today.  Good thing le bitch is working from home.  I bet you the staff decided on today for that purpose.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

Hello! I'm going to attempt my first real workout. 10 miles w/ 8 progression. Hopefully it doesn't suck like last week's fartlek.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Did 3 miles after work yesterday around the university campus, starting and finishing at the university gym.   Cloudy and overcast as we have a front moving in this week, but still a pleasant temp of 65 degrees at 4:30 p.m.  After I was back at the gym, I got all motivated for some reason to do my weight training circuit, so got in another 45 minutes of exercise.  My body must have been in shock after that - especially as I haven't done my weight training in about a month - cuz after I got home I sat down in my chair and promptly fell asleep.

Today I plan to do about 4 miles.  Will not be as pleasant weather as yesterday.  The "front" arrived late last night.  This morning a really stiff wind blowing, temp in the low 40s, drizzly rain, will be about 54 for the high today at my run/walk time.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

onemile

I ran 8 this morning.

LRB

I ran 7 wearing Skechers and tights and the worst part is I like them both.

What in the hell has happened to me!

on my way to badass

WHAT??!!? Maybe you are starting to age like the rest of us.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Docket_Rocket

LMFAO.  Wait, I don't show my age!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

I was going to ask if this was going to be a tights run. I wore mine as well. Seems like I should be wearing as little as possible, but I feel it helps to get the legs warmed up and moving quicker on coolish workout days.

outoftheblue

Pictures please.

SRD #3 for me.  I did 20 minutes on the elliptical and some ab work yesterday and the strange pain in my anterior tibia tendon that flared up after my 3 mile run on Sunday is almost gone.  Hopefully I'll be back to running by the weekend.

Life is good.

LRB

Pictures please.

Well there's always that.

LRB

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

OK LRB, fess up.  I know you have been talking about how odd it is you are in running tights, but do they look like this

Couldn't find a skechers photo, sry

Just saying.......

ETA, posted this before reading the entire thread, lol

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

LRB: I like those. What kind and are they compression tights?

We had quite the thunder and lightning show this morning at 2. A storm parked right on top of us. It was so close that the thunder and lightning happened at the same time. Lots of rain and hail, well. Now that I think of it I wish I got some video of it but my brain doesn't work like that. I don't go rushing for my phone at the drop of a hat, it just doesn't occur to me. Besides, I wanted to stay in bed.

I'm hoping for 3x1 mile intervals tonight as a last little tune up before Sunday's HM. It will be dark and wet so I may end up driving to the track. They have lights and a good surface.

Bye.