Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 26 times)

LRB

I ran 4.

Then stepped inside the house and had a 10 minute coughing fit.

What up doe?

Docket_Rocket

Welcome to my life, LRB.

Done with PT.  Pilates tonight. Got to run at PT and no pain or anything. Two in a row!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 8.8 miles in warm darkness.  I like the mid 50s a lot.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

From the Internet.

13.1 mile MLR this morning. The sun is coming out earlier! I only needed my headlamp for half of it! Big grin 8:33 average, quicker than I thought I'd be with a workout yesterday. Massage helped with that.

Feeling tired this week but I think this is about the same point when I felt tired last training cycle too - I'm more or less halfway through the "hard" weeks right now, and I perked back up after a week of feeling tired (or at least, got used to feeling tired a lot :P). 18 this weekend, 2.5 more bigger-mileage weeks after that, a teeny tiny 2-3 day taper for a half-marathon, a recovery week, and then on to peak mileage!

LRB

13.1 mile MLR this morning. The sun is coming out earlier! I only needed my headlamp for half of it! Big grin 

Enjoy it while it lasts because we'll be plunging back into darkness for three fuckin weeks once the time change goes into effect.

From the Internet.

Enjoy it while it lasts because we'll be plunging back into darkness for three fuckin weeks once the time change goes into effect.

Don't remind me! I live only in the present! MTA: See also: 62 degrees in February DEFINITELY means winter is completely over and it's only shorts from here on out.

LRB

Don't remind me! I live only in the present! MTA: See also: 62 degrees in February DEFINITELY means winter is completely over and it's only shorts from here on out.

lol

That last part might actually be true. 

Half Crazy K 2.0

lol

That last part might actually be true. 

AccuWeather has 1 inch of snow in the forecast for March 11. Hopefully that's wrong, one of my friends is running R & R DC that day.

GinnyinPA

You can't trust Accuweather a week in advance, why on earth would anyone believe what they have to say 3 weeks ahead?

Half Crazy K 2.0

You can't trust Accuweather a week in advance, why on earth would anyone believe what they have to say 3 weeks ahead?

I don't for the most part. Unfortunately they have made a few long range guesses that stuck. Last years AC half in high winds and a Nor'easter for a stupid grad school field trip to Gettysburg always stick out.

5 miles.

For some reason I felt the need to run in the Ravennas one more time, to see if they are really responsible for the pain at the top of my foot, since that has mostly subsided otherwise. Conclusion: yes.  Back to the store you go.

As an aside, of all the fugliness in the history of the Ravennas, these are possibly the fugliest.

Dave

LRB

5 miles.

For some reason I felt the need to run in the Ravennas one more time, to see if they are really responsible for the pain at the top of my foot, since that has mostly subsided otherwise. Conclusion: yes.  Back to the store you go.

As an aside, of all the fugliness in the history of the Ravennas, these are possibly the fugliest.

You got guts for even trying!

delicate flower

Hiya gang LMAO get after it!  I skipped my swim again today.  I probably could have sucked it up and went but I really want my ribs to stop hurting.  Spin session tonight.

The weather for my HM Saturday is going to be almost 60 degrees and raining.  I'd say maybe three miles of it is on dirt roads.  It's going to be a warm, wet, muddy, slippery mess, and it's going to be awesome.     I'd be stressing about it if this was a goal race, like my April HM will be.  But for this one, screw it, let's run.

<3

Docket_Rocket

AccuWeather has 1 inch of snow in the forecast for March 11. Hopefully that's wrong, one of my friends is running R & R DC that day.

I am supposed to run that race. Hoping it's not hot like in prior years either. Still not sure I'll run it but I might make it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

I am supposed to run that race. Hoping it's not hot like in prior years either. Still not sure I'll run it but I might make it.

At the rate our weather is going, I wouldn't be surprised by hot or snow.