Beginners and Beyond

Thirsty Thursday Penguins (Read 21 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning all!  I was a bit thirsty because the park where I was planning on getting water was still locked when I past it.  Oh well, the next park (which was open) was only a mile or so away.  8 miles done in the mist this morning.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Well, quartet rehearsal aggravated my ankle a little (we don't sit while we sing, and there's lots of moving) so I ended up in a chair for the last hour.  It's all good.  I did do my PT with DH this morning, and except for the standing on one leg while throwing a tennis ball into a trampoline, I did ok.  Oh, and calf stretches on my left leg were a no-no, because they require hyperflexion of the ankle.  Eh.

sapf -- woo-hoo for your misty 8!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Busy day yesterday but so far, it's not bad today.  Ran 10 on the TM this morning.

sapf, glad you found water.

Hope, sorry about the ankle.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Hope what's going on with your ankle?  If it isn't anything too severe I'd recommend this ankle brace to help you in your daily living.  It is what I used as my third level ankle brace after I got out of the moonman boot and aso brace last summer.  I ran with it up until a couple of months ago and it provided a bit of compression/support without restricting my motion too much.

PADRunner

Morning, 5 this morning group tonight.

Singer who runs a smidge

Hope what's going on with your ankle?  If it isn't anything too severe I'd recommend this ankle brace to help you in your daily living.  It is what I used as my third level ankle brace after I got out of the moonman boot and aso brace last summer.  I ran with it up until a couple of months ago and it provided a bit of compression/support without restricting my motion too much.

I slipped and twisted it.  It's no big deal, just a little achy with certain movements or, apparently, standing and singing for two hours.  I thought about just getting a basic Walmart ankle brace.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

hog4life

5.25 this morning, then did a few errands, and now off to lala land.

GinnyinPA

sapf - running in the mist sounds nice and cool. Good job on the 8

D - nice treadmill run

HopesMom - take care of your knee and ankle today.  Ice maybe?

PAd - good job on the double.  Have fun with your group tonight.  Does the group take it easier when it's summer and hot?

Mitch - I hope you had a good day's sleep.  Good job on the 5 this a.m.

Where's Scotty?  He hasn't posted for a few days.

Hot and humid here.  We got drenched in sweat while walking the dog.  After I cool off, I'll run 5 or 6 on the TM.

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

Jill, nice 8!

PAD, enjoy the double.

Damaris, I need help - my TomTom Runner Cardio uploads to Runkeeper automatically, but I haven't figured out how to get it into RA without exporting the gpx file from Runkeeper.  I don't mind doing that, but it doesn't track my intervals!  I can see the intervals when I'm in MySports on the TomTom website, but can't get that into RA. How do you do it?

Mitch, where are you headed?

Hopesmom, way to keep up with the PT!

Ginny, sorry you have to be on the TM today. Sad

I went out for a tempo run this morning, planning 5 miles at HMP.  Then I ran into some folks from my run club on the trail and had to talk to them - what to do, restart the tempo run?  I decided even with the break I could still count it, so I started up at tempo pace again and then ran into ANOTHER RUNNING FRIEND  and we agreed to run together for a bit at MP instead of HMP...so I don't know what to call today's run!  My pace was all over the place.  It was nice running into people I know - that's not the first time it's happened at this park, and it's always fun, but it always happens on a tempo run!  Never on an easy run when I don't care about my pace.  

Docket_Rocket

I upload a fit file from my computer.  RA does not have automatic uploads from TomTom (yet).

Of, the fit file has all intervals and laps.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

If you go to your main TomTom screen (the one that pops up when you plug the watch in, there is a section where you can add fit files as your option.  Then just find your TomTom file on your computer (I made a shortcut (ghost file in Mac) and put it on my desktop.  Go to RA Log and upload the fit file that way.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Brilliant

If you go to your main TomTom screen (the one that pops up when you plug the watch in, there is a section where you can add fit files as your option. ...

OK, done, thanks.

GinnyinPA

Brilliant - you can always just label it a farlek run.

Zelanie

At the vet for the second time today. Mia is pooping blood again. I dont think we know what's wrong with her yet, but I am worried that it is serious.

Update: We are home.  The vet says sometimes the thing she had over the weekend can relapse a few days later, so maybe that's all this is.  Between this morning's vet visit and this afternoon's, she has three new medications, bringing her total up to 7 different drugs she's on at the moment.  It would be 8, but they can't find the 8th in stock anywhere.  The vet is on call tonight.  Hopefully she won't have to go back in at all, but she may need to go in tomorrow for an IV.