Beginners and Beyond

ThurdDailies (Read 21 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Weird morning for me today.  I met my RP for 5 miles at HM pace (after a warmup run).  I've been hoping to get back to running my HM miles in the 8:20 range without a lot of success. Today my watch was telling my I was running in the 8:30 - 8:45 range most of the time (and slower up the big hill).  I was ready to accept that since we were dealing with 25 mph winds gusting to 40 mph, and the effort sure felt like HM, but my RP's Apple watch kept saying we were running 8:05 - 8:20, which would have been nice to believe.  In the end, simply going by elapsed time, we averaged 8:43, so I don't know what his watch was reporting.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I have either 6 or my RD, depending on time.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

7 miles; started off with some aches & pains from yesterday's workout, but loosened up reasonably well.

Dave

sdWhiskers

This whole week has been chaotic for running due to DH's work schedule being altered each day with little notice. I planned to do a workout this morning but then couldn't and only had time to squeeze in 3 miles. For christmas, we got Kid a watch that he can use to call us...its super kid proof, can only call us or respond to a text from us. Anyways, the point was because we don't have a landline (does anyone?), he can call us when home alone, which is mostly only when I'm running in the morning. But at age 9, he certainly doesn't need an actual phone. So now he keeps calling me while I'm running with the silliest things  This morning, he called about 2 min before I was due back to say "Hurry up!" because he had to get to school. I wasn't late!

Sorry that's a lot of words to complain about life interrupting running.

Docket_Rocket

This whole week has been chaotic for running due to DH's work schedule being altered each day with little notice. I planned to do a workout this morning but then couldn't and only had time to squeeze in 3 miles. For christmas, we got Kid a watch that he can use to call us...its super kid proof, can only call us or respond to a text from us. Anyways, the point was because we don't have a landline (does anyone?), he can call us when home alone, which is mostly only when I'm running in the morning. But at age 9, he certainly doesn't need an actual phone. So now he keeps calling me while I'm running with the silliest things  This morning, he called about 2 min before I was due back to say "Hurry up!" because he had to get to school. I wasn't late!

Sorry that's a lot of words to complain about life interrupting running.

I hate when life interrupts running.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I hate when life interrupts running.

+1000.

Dave

Preliminary 5k race target: 2/11. It’s nice that I can just pick any weekend and there’s a free parkrun available. Recent workouts have suggested I’m in decent enough shape, and I’d like to fit it in before getting too deep into marathon training (that would be 11 weeks out). That gives me one more VO2max workout next week (I’m thinking 4x1200), then an abbreviated race-week workout. I think there’s PR potential—I haven’t run a 5k since I got the Vaporflys!

Dave

delicate flower

Hola el garpachos.  I ran 5 easy miles before work, done during a narrow window between the end of the rain and the start of the strong winds.  It was actually quite nice out, for January.  Got a bike workout later too.

<3

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Preliminary 5k race target: 2/11. It’s nice that I can just pick any weekend and there’s a free parkrun available. Recent workouts have suggested I’m in decent enough shape, and I’d like to fit it in before getting too deep into marathon training (that would be 11 weeks out). That gives me one more VO2max workout next week (I’m thinking 4x1200), then an abbreviated race-week workout. I think there’s PR potential—I haven’t run a 5k since I got the Vaporflys!

Something to add to the race list?  Or do parkruns not qualify?  Sounds like a good plan in any case.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

delicate flower

Something to add to the race list?  Or do parkruns not qualify?  Sounds like a good plan in any case.

If it's a race to Dave, it's a race to us.

<3

If it's a race to Dave, it's a race to us.

It’s a race to anyone! I’ll add it.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

You know what happens when you go to the Humane Society? Stay tuned for pics. And we got two (they won’t let us bring one until tomorrow).

Damaris

Fundraising Page

sdWhiskers

You know what happens when you go to the Humane Society? Stay tuned for pics. And we got two (they won’t let us bring one until tomorrow).

Ooh yes! Looking forward to pics!

And while we're at it, it would be great if everyone could include more pet photos 

sdWhiskers

Here's mine, sleeping on the cable box as it's the warmest spot in the house.

Dave