Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES: Skyfall (Read 36 times)

LRB

Hi.

I ran 7 on the monotony machine. All of the news stations are acting like it's never snowed or been cold or "worse", been both at the same. Winter Storm Jaden? Pfft. We won't even remember it in 2 weeks.

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have 6 miles tonight.  It was 54F here this morning.  I'm happy with that.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

Hi.

I ran 7 on the monotony machine. All of the news stations are acting like it's never snowed or been cold or "worse", been both at the same. Winter Storm Jaden? Pfft. We won't even remember it in 2 weeks.

High of -13 on Wednesday, high of 40 on Sunday 

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 12 hilly miles on a nice morning.  Upper 20s/low30s with clear skies and just a breeze.  It won't be that good again for the next several days, and I'm glad I could take advantage of it.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Cyberic

RCD. Head cold is screwing with my sleep, and my mood.

Went like 3 years without catching a cold when I started running. I was all like yeah, my immunitary system is so strong now that I run, and so on. Yeah, right. For the past two years, I get sick like everybody else, FFS.

delicate flower

'Morning.  I skipped my swim and slept in this morning because I felt like, and so far that has been the best part of my day.  It's not good to be this aggravated with work this early into a Monday.

Tempo run later.

<3

Cyberic

27 of the states have record lows of -40F or colder, and Ohio just missed with a record low of -39F.

That is surprising. I would expect that races would be cancelled in most of these states if the temps were -40 the day of a race, though. I remember that -40 was like "no joke" cold. I'm glad I don't live in that nonsense anymore.

onemile

That is surprising. I would expect that races would be cancelled in most of these states if the temps were -40 the day of a race, though. I remember that -40 was like "no joke" cold. I'm glad I don't live in that nonsense anymore.

Probably.   I think RS's coach said -40 was the coldest she has run outside in, not raced in.

RunningOnSand

'Morning.  I skipped my swim and slept in this morning because I felt like, and so far that has been the best part of my day.  It's not good to be this aggravated with work this early into a Monday.

Tempo run later.

Grr. Sounds like a Monday. Hope your day improves.

We actually got some snow! I think a foot. So, snow day for my kids. And the temps are going to start falling. Check out the hourly forecast from Tuesday into Wednesday (and that doesn't even touch our low for Wed - which is supposed to be -29*F):

I'm guessing school will be closed on Wednesday for sure, and maybe even Tuesday, too. My kids are not mad. Wink Big grin

I'm hoping to not go outside in that shiz. I'll be on the hamster wheel for 6 in a bit.

RunningOnSand

Oh, and for you guys who were talking about the Daniels table from a couple nights ago (yesterday?)...evidently if I lose 5 lbs and change nothing else, my marathon time drops from 8:48mm to 8:30mm!!!  Dang. I may need to cut back on the wine and baclava (I made some on Saturday, and let me tell you, that is heavenly). 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I got out of bed this morning and went to the gym, wanted to run afterwards but I felt dizzy and queasy so I went back to bed. Hopefully I can sneak out of the shop at 1 and get a 3-5 miler in.

Seems that crappy blizzard weather you guys are getting up north will pretty much miss us down here in the bottom of Indiana. Wednesday will be the worst this week, a high of 9 degrees but it seems it will make it's way back up into the 30s, 40s and even 50s over the next 10 days.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

Check out the hourly forecast from Tuesday into Wednesday (and that doesn't even touch our low for Wed - which is supposed to be -29*F)

you are slightly colder - our low is only supposed to get to -25

RunningOnSand

you are slightly colder - our low is "only" supposed to get to -25

FYP. I think anything under 0 is awful. Like, takes your breath away when you hit the air, awful.

And welcome back to this shiz weather. Sad

Hope you feel better, FS!

I need to save this as a reminder in case for some insane reason, I ever consider moving back to the Midwest. FTS.

5 miles in a civilized 30-something degrees.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

So they told us to process payroll before 10am today so we can get paid for the last two payrolls this Thursday.  Except the bitch at work is still not in today.  Sigh, if she fucks this up for all of us I fear for her, lol.

Those forecasts look...cold.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page