Beginners and Beyond

How'd she do that, TUESDAILIES? (Read 72 times)

delicate flower

'Morning!  Finally gettin' that pesky knee taken care of today.  I can not eat or drink anything until I get home, thus last night I had dreams about food and water.

Have a great Tuesday!

<3

Mostly harmless

Good morning. I have 9 miles on the schedule today.  I'm not sure when I'll get those done but I'll work it in somewhere.

DD turned her ankle coming down with a rebound in her game last night.  The ankle didn't swell much until a couple hours after the injury so we aren't sure what we are dealing with.  Off to the doctor's office this morning for x-rays. Fingers crossed that she hasn't finished her high school career a few weeks earlier than planned.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Jess runs for bacon

Phil, best of luck to you today!

I did 4.5 miles on the TM last night which is the furthest I've run in weeks. I was very happy until this morning, now I can hardly walk. Ow ow ow. Popped some advil and trying to do stretches at my desk. Today is a SRD, I'll be doing my ITB rehab tonight though.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

good luck Phil!

ImNotScott I hope your DD's ankle is ok!

lilac oh no! Sorry about the ITB pain Sad

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

@runjerseygirl

....my neighbors are having really loud sex right now.  Hello, good morning....better than coffee to wake ya up??? Kinda awkward hearing them through the wall lol. But I'm used to it. Lol just figured I'd share.

Woah baby!  Good morning is right!  Rise and shine, LOL!

Do you even run?

Just B.S.

....my neighbors are having really loud sex right now.  Hello, good morning....better than coffee to wake ya up??? Kinda awkward hearing them through the wall lol. But I'm used to it. Lol just figured I'd share.

Ewwww!  Every day I'm so happy that my house sits smack in the middle of my acre of property surrounded by

trees!!  I like most of my neighbours but I don't want to see or hear them unless it's my choice! LOL

It's only -1F with the windchill right now but really windy. Still trying to decide if my 6 miles will be on the treadmill

or outside.  Our weather has been like this and much colder for 3 weeks solid. I"m pretty damn sick of it.

16 DAYS UNTIL I LEAVE FOR FLORIDA..........maybe if I repeat that to myself while running outside it won't feel

so cold.

LRB

6 easy that ended with 5-60 second strides @ 5:27 w/2:00 recoveries.

That was a really pleasant run.

Kay, I know it's an oxymoron to say nice things about the treadmill, but after my fourth run in as many weeks in single digit wind chills and/or temps, running in that  can kiss my  right about now lol!

Kristin, I heard something like that once when I shared a flat.  Apparently, hearing it has the same effect on me as seeing it...at least TWSS.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

It is not the first time I've had to endure the sounds of my neighbors. That's what I get living in an apartment I guess.... but seriously, do they NEED to be so loud? Fake it much? lol. I feel so awkward hearing it.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning!!

It's supposed to be close to 60* here today, so I put off my morning run so I can go run the lake this afternoon.  Gonna get at least 9 miles, probably more, love the lake, I could run forever there.  It's a good thing I have a Garmin now, because I used to zone out and actually lose track of my laps (it's a 1.5 mile loop).  LOL

Kay, drunk baby is one of my favorite memes!

Phil, hope all goes well!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

If you thought I was in a bad mood earlier, now that I reviewed an order that I had previously approved and to which the sneaky bastards added language that we would have objected to, I will be cutting heads this morning.  After all, it's the same counsel that did the order.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Beth, enjoy FL.  At least you will be in Middle Florida, which has nice weather (as oppose to us).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

Good morning, all!

After thoroughly enjoying an easy outdoor run yesterday, I'll get somewhat back on schedule today with either hill repeats or just fartleks at 5k pace on the TM, then a strength training class. About 6 miles either way.

After class, lunch and coffee with friends. Here is what one of my friends wrote on our email last night:  I read an article the other day where ladies that were 100+ shared their secret on how to live that long. One lady's secret was lunch/coffee with girlfriends every week! Smile I like that Smile

I like that, too.

Have a great Tuesday!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice weight training session last night and then drove home in the pleasant 68 degree weather with the windows cranked down and my classic rock cranked up...nice....can't beat it for February - weather in the 70s all this week in San Antonio, sweeeeet!  Today will be hill work at Fort Sam Houston, around 4 miles worth.  Weather at run time today (4:30 pm):  75 degrees.

Gail was talking about joining the local YMCA because the schedule of their fitness classes better fitted around her work schedule.  She kept talking about it for 2 or 3 days, but just would not make the jump. Hey, I can take a hint! Joking  So, since her birthday is next week, I went on my own and talked to the Y and got all the info.  They actually have a pretty good deal here locally, so I surprised Gail with an early birthday present and signed up, and I paid all the fees.  So now she can use any of the Y's in the city and even the ones in nearby cities to San Antonio (New Braunfels, Boerne, etc).  She is quite happy about it, and has been all excited the last few days, she did a Tai Chi class on Sunday, last night she went to Zumba Class, tonite she is going to a beginner kickboxing class...she has got a whole schedule of things she wants to try now, lol, the Y offers quite a bit.  Plus she has an indoor pool for her lap swimming, all kinds of cardio and weight machines, etc.  So I guess that was a good present! Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Ball of Fury

Ok, so today was our first Hanson speed workout.  I was a bit concerned about getting it done because my run yesterday was just blah and only 3 miles but it actually went really well.  Had to hit the TM since the track is snow covered, but at least I knew my paces would be consistent.  I did a 1 mile warm-up @ 9:45/mile, then did 10 x 400 @ 7:19/mile (I had a choice between 7:19 and 7:13 and figured since it was my first speed workout and I really wanted to be able to finish, I should be conservative) and then did the last 2 x 400 @ 7:13.  I tried to do 400 m recoveries between @ 9:40/mile but had to cut a few short because I was running out of time before work.  I did make sure I had at least 1-1.5 minute recoveries though.  Then did 0.5 mile cool-down (was totally out of time at this point) for a total of 7 miles.  The first 4 intervals were pretty hard, but it seemed to get easier after that.  Honestly, the thing that hurt the most was my arms because they are so sore from doing Chest and Back yesterday...lol!  Hope everyone has a great day!

Good luck with your surgery Phil!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Just B.S.

.  So I guess that was a good present! Big grin

That was an awesome present!! You did good Scotty, not that I'm a bit surprised!!Big grin

For Christmas my hubby gave me a trip to Florida with girlfriends to run the Disney Princess.

I get to cash that iin 16 days from now! It was worth the wait.