Beginners and Beyond

How'd she do that, TUESDAILIES? (Read 72 times)

10.5 total.   3 w/u  6x800@5:49 pace w/0.25 jogs @ ~9:00 avg. pace in between, 3+ easy to finish

That's it, got to forget the treadmill.  my health club has them go to cool down automatically after 30 minutes. I either need to run faster (which d a good ideas but I want t ease into it) or just go outside!

or is there a secret switch so they go longer? 3 miles faster than I wanted to run.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

runmomto3boys

13.2 miles done at 7:41 pace

jedigunnie26.3, nice speedwork.

ImNotScott, I'm glad that you had a great nine-miler and that your daughter has a speedy and complete recovery.

lilac_jive, I hope that resting and IT band rehab left you feeling better. The snoring VMs made me chuckle. It's too early for that stuff.

Just B.S., brava for braving that bitter cold for fifty-eight whole minutes. You are a better person than I.

Rick, I'm glad that you made the best of the TM and had a pleasant run.

Dave, have an amazing run in that beautiful weather.

Shari, wonderful that strength training and running went so well.

Ahh, scottydawg, I'm happy that you enjoy consistently good weather. Happy Birthday to DW!

AmiK, congratulations in completing your first speedwork of the cycle. Unexpectedly fun, isn't it?

Sarah, I'm happy that your run went so well and that you're feeling better.

Heidi, enjoy your run, however long it is.

FreeSoul87, who says thy housework isn't cross training?

alexis_run_ky, happy biking.

Kay, very cool that you've found THE shoes. Awesome run.

SIAR, great job trying to keep it interesting on the TM.

AprilRunner, the schedule change is great news, indeed. Excellent run tonight.

Tom, nice easy run. I'd definitely report that ****.

paulajmcd, great run. I hope that the iciness is gone soon.

Shirfan, I hope you've had a relaxing evening.

Fuzzy, sweet run.

Scott, WTH? After only thirty minutes?

Heidi, terrific 13.2.

I did weights and forty-five minutes in the ArcTrainer at the gym. I'm now on my way home to do ab work and go to bed.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

That's it, got to forget the treadmill.  my health club has them go to cool down automatically after 30 minutes. I either need to run faster (which d a good ideas but I want t ease into it) or just go outside!

or is there a secret switch so they go longer? 3 miles faster than I wanted to run.

30 minutes? Sure, that's all the aerobic exercise you need, especially when training for a marathon. That's another reason not to join a health club and rely on a TM for bad weather training. If I ever get tired of running in the cold and wind and consider joining a club to use the TMs, that's most definitely a question I'll ask - is there a time limit on the TMs?

Meanwhile 6.5 miles outside in balmy 32F temps finishing with 4 x 100m strides.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

5.5 miles with my little black and tan pace dog.  I didn't look at the splits but I'm sure it was a fast finish.  He was pulling to get home to his sister/companion dog and wrestle with her.  She can't run much with us anymore because of hip dysplasia.

Off to catch up on everyone else's day.

You can call me Anna

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Go on one....as soon as it hits cooldown mode jump to another.... And then another...and another lol

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Go on one....as soon as it hits cooldown mode jump to another.... And then another...and another lol

Lol, thought about doing that, I just need to suck it up and get outside!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Ours shut off at 60 minutes.  If I'm not done, I just restart it - generally there is no one waiting.

You can call me Anna

wcrunner2, cool that you were able to run 6.5. How sad is it that we consider 32F balmy?

rkymtnanna, great job running 5.5 with your black-and-tan friend.

Scott, no TM at my gym cools down. Each just stops after sixty minutes. I just start it again.

Ab work is done. Good night, everyone.

Docket_Rocket

10 miles done.

Scott, how's she feeling tonight?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page