Beginners and Beyond

Friday Penguins - We have Free Admission Today Only! (Read 27 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the caommon benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  9 with 600m intervals tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

on my way to badass

Good morning Penguins! Some mileage for me hopefully. I'm shooting for 20mpw. We're going to brave the mall and the LRS today.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good morning Penguins!

The family invasion happened yesterday. I did manage to get a 10 mile run at marathon pace just before the arrival. The thing is I don't know what that run meant. It was just supposed to be 10 easy but when I downloaded the run I was quite surprised. I hope that means fitness is improving. When ever I read about someone doing a run at M pace I thought that would be a tough workout. I think it's pretty cool when we post our runs and accomplishments - sometimes we reveal something that we don't even know about ourselves!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

Gus: what is your marathon pace and do you have one on the calendar?

SF: good luck with the shopping.

No run for me today, just stretching. Sad

hog4life

I plan to run a little when I get off work, not sure how far. I made an appointment yesterday to redeem my gift certificate(memoral tattoo for my grandmother). She passed away Jan of 2012 at the young age of 98.

SF, I hope to hit the LRS this weekend.

Zelanie

Morning!  Busy day today as we are headed up to Washington for the week to house-sit for my SIL.

One bit of news- my pace really suffered as I was running high mileage the last few weeks.  I told myself it would come back as I got some more recovery, but there's always that part in the back of your mind that wonders.  It's hard to even imagine running faster when you're running on fatigued legs.  Well last night I went to the social run, and there were only 4 of us- 3 fast runners, and me.  I did not keep up with the group, but they did help to pull me faster than I would have run on my own.  So I ran a bit faster than my easy pace for the whole distance.  Yes, I faded at the end, but it was a relief to know that my pace will come back!

PADRunner

Morning, recovering from anesthesia, don't believe a word I say.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hi, Pengies!  Just brought a sick cat back from the vet, she is doing better now.  No worries, some kind of cold/virus, vet says she should be feeling better in a couple of days with antibiotics.

Getting ready now to leave in a few minutes for the drive to Corpus Christi for my 5K there tomorrow.  So Gail gets to take care of the cats tonight.. her having fun instead of me, giving the one her meds.     Probably won't be online until tomorrow when I get back and do my report.   Have a great Friday, everyone and good luck to anyone running/racing tomorrow morning!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

SheCan

Haha!  Hope you're doing okay.

Scotty-- good luck with your race tomorrow!

Yesterday I did 3 and today 5.  Leg is still stiff, but not unbearable.  Tomorrow we're headed to Phoenix again for another funeral.  My husband's friend and former boss passed away on Christmas eve.  We're very sad and shocked.  He was a very successful young man (only 42 yrs old) that seemed to be in good health, never a smoker.  He lay down for a nap on Christmas eve and never got up.  My DH thought his friends were playing a really tasteless joke on him, when he got the call.  Unfortunately it was true, and he leaves behind a wife and 3 kids under the age of 15.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Docket_Rocket

Now is the time to tell us about your life.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Cheri, my condolences to the family.  What a heartbreaking thing to have happen.

Docket_Rocket

Haha!  Hope you're doing okay.

Scotty-- good luck with your race tomorrow!

Yesterday I did 3 and today 5.  Leg is still stiff, but not unbearable.  Tomorrow we're headed to Phoenix again for another funeral.  My husband's friend and former boss passed away on Christmas eve.  We're very sad and shocked.  He was a very successful young man (only 42 yrs old) that seemed to be in good health, never a smoker.  He lay down for a nap on Christmas eve and never got up.  My DH thought his friends were playing a really tasteless joke on him, when he got the call.  Unfortunately it was true, and he leaves behind a wife and 3 kids under the age of 15.

Very sad to hear this.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

SheCan

Thanks, Zel & DR.   I'm rather scared to even see how much pain their family must be going through right now.

Zelanie-- I just saw the Miles game summery, OMGosh @ your miles.   You're really racking them in!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

She Can: sorry to hear that. Sad

Zel: nice work on the miles!