Beginners and Beyond

RA Office Hours (Read 1083 times)

eric :)

I skimmed through the script that sucks out the data.  I didn't have time to understand it but It looks interesting.  I don't have time to debug through the script to fix it.  Once I'm done with my current tasks, I may take a crack at fixing it up so you can get a copy of your data.

Misty

I skimmed through the script that sucks out the data.  I didn't have time to understand it but It looks interesting.  I don't have time to debug through the script to fix it.  Once I'm done with my current tasks, I may take a crack at fixing it up so you can get a copy of your data.

Thats really nice, Eric, thank you! But please, don't spend much time on it, I'm switching to the RA log in January with or without my data. Again, thank you!

Misty

Bless your heart.

@runjerseygirl

Is there a way to see a list of the posts that we replied to?

Do you even run?

an amazing likeness

Assuming I'm understanding your question, not having seen the forum software you're used to...Not exactly. But check out the Subscribe/Follow option that's part of every thread (upper right as you're reading)  -- you can build a custom list of message threads you are following.

(by the way, this isn't an official response...I'm just a RA user and jumped in to reply in case Eric's busy and doesn't get here for a while)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

This feature is currently not available.  However, it can be pushed up the queue if there is a demand for it.

bhearn

It is something I missed coming from CR (or maybe it was KR that had it, or both?). I guess I've learned to live without it, but it does save trying to remember what you've posted in, and sometimes missing replies.

aponi

never runs the tangents

I'm mostly at work (shh) and don't get to pick my browser. I use firefox at home though. I have no idea why microsoft won't stick a spell check in explorer. Maybe because the young kids are more of the LOL communication method and that would rock a spell check's world.

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

Samurai in Training

Eric, thank you for being a wonderful host.  I'm sure many of us are going through some culture shock... not to mention an admin (creator) actually responding to us Smile

I have to agree with some of the others in regards to having the ability to go to the last post seen.  It increases the usability dramatically.   So... +1 that feature for me.

xor

I'm mostly at work (shh) and don't get to pick my browser. I use firefox at home though. I have no idea why microsoft won't stick a spell check in explorer. Maybe because the young kids are more of the LOL communication method and that would rock a spell check's world.

The list of microsoft puzzlers is long.

Anyway, there are a couple add-on plug-in spellcheckers for IE.  If you are using IE at work, your IT department probably won't want you to add one.  But anyway...

Here are instructions for adding a spellcheck plug-in for IE9.  I don't know whether it works with IE10, but I bet it does.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Folks, you can view the last unread post by clicking the date and time link in the "Last post" column...

xor

Alas no.  That sets focus on the last post of the thread... which may not be the last post that you have read.

Alas no.  That sets focus on the last post of the thread... which may not be the last post that you have read.

I'll be adding this in the next couple of days.  The only thing I haven't figured out is how best to display it.  There's the existing last post in the thread link that FlippyNoodle mentioned.  The real estate is tight.  Should the last post read be another link?  Thoughts?

an amazing likeness

I'll be adding this in the next couple of days.  The only thing I haven't figured out is how best to display it.  There's the existing last post in the thread link that FlippyNoodle mentioned.  The real estate is tight.  Should the last post read be another link?  Thoughts?

Icon.

Right pointing arrow.

As an update / replacement to the new message icon in column 1 (left of subject) of the thread list.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Yeah, don't mind me...I'm a dufus...a multi-tasking dufus. I like MilkTruck's idea of having it be a simple icon.

aponi

never runs the tangents

I just wanted to say that thanks to Single Lens Reflex I figured out how to post a picture. Does that make him a DSLR?

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who