Beginners and Beyond

RA Office Hours (Read 1083 times)

eric :)

I don't think this would be easy to do.  However, maybe I can create a template system where you can tell it it's an 8x400m workout and it'll automatically apply that distance to all intervals.

Little Blue

This is caused by a change I made yesterday such that when you click on the thread title, it'll bring you to the first new post in that thread.  The system has to remember where you left off in a thread.  Since it is newly introduced, it doesn't know what you've read and not read, which is why everything is displayed as not read.  Give it a few days and then everything should behave as it should be.

Okey dokey!  I did notice the last-post change, thank you for that! 

runfoolery

Hi Eric,

There are times I want to quote something from a website and would like it to appear in the same format as a quoted post. How do I do that?

Also, what's the easiest way to quote from multiple posts?

Thanks!

MTA: Reposted in the Tech Support forum

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Hi Eric,

There are times I want to quote something from a website and would like it to appear in the same format as a quoted post. How do I do that?

Also, what's the easiest way to quote from multiple posts?

Thanks!

There's a Technical Support forum in the Admin section at the bottom of the main forums page.
          A lot of our questions may be answered there and that may be the best place to ask our questions as well since they will probably be applicable to all (new) users.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

xor

George is right.  Not only that, the "support" here is mostly driven by the community itself, pretty much none of which are checking this thread except eric and me and sometimes trent and milktruck.  You can get answers faster sometimes... and for some kinds of questions, a variety of ways to do the thing you want to do (especially relevant with training log tricks).

I've been here since we were steam powered and I too am interested in the answers to both of these questions.

Chairman

I don't think this would be easy to do.  However, maybe I can create a template system where you can tell it it's an 8x400m workout and it'll automatically apply that distance to all intervals.

Good enough for me. Thanks!

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

Goorun

Hi Eric, I just want to stop by and say Thanks for having us (all RWOL refugees).

We found new home.

Slow and steady never wins anything.

cc4life07

Wind is not my friend.

First of all, just want to say thanks.  Amazing to have an admin responding to you.  Question though....I've been using mapmyrun for the training log and RWOL for discussions.  I've found the way to transport data from MMR to RA, so I should be okay.  However, does RA have an app yet? I'll specify by saying I have an iPad and iPhone so Android stuff doesn't help. Would make it quick and easy for runs to be put in the log.

Thanks again!!

"Current" PRs

5K - 18:00 (4/19)   |   HM - 1:19:28 (4/22)

Next Race: A 5K of some sort (Goal: Sub 17:30)

eric :)

In the past couple of years, various users volunteered to create an app for the iDevices.  I provided them with the necessary tools to get started.  Some made more progress than others but in the end, they all abandoned their efforts.  The Android app too was created by an RA user.

I believe that a mobile version of the website would work better than an app.  An app would allow you to record your runs, but smart phones aren't designed for running.  Their GPSes aren't nearly as accurate as GPSes made specifically for running.  However, there's no reason why a mobile site could not record your runs either.  The plan is to come up with a mobile site some time next year.

If anyone wants to create an app for RA, please let me know and I can help you get started.

cc4life07

Wind is not my friend.

I'll be honest, I use an ipad most odd the time so I'll deal. I never tried to run with it...haha. 

On a related note, any clue how to save the MMR data so I can copy it over here if you happen to know their log at all?

"Current" PRs

cc4life07

Wind is not my friend.

Click me for a relevant thread about mapmyrun from the tech support forum.

Thanks for the help.  Sucks. I just started using it recently so it's not too bad but would have made it a ton easier. 

"Current" PRs