Beginners and Beyond

Is It Me? Am I The One Who Is Wrong? (Read 39 times)

Buelligan

I don't care if you only breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth, but I'd never tell anyone that is the only way they should breathe when they run.  I personally could never do this and I think I have very big, manly nostrils.

Is this really a thing with anyone here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-2szNtHea4

Cyberic

I think of my breathing pattern, but I do not make an effort to breathe through the nose as much as possible. I don't think I'd last 5 minutes even if I tried.

Can't answer your question about being wrong or not, but it's not something I care about either.

Docket_Rocket

I can barely breathe full on through my mouth, I wouldn't be able to run if I breathed through my nose. FTS.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

The only time I breathe through my nose is when I'm sitting on my ass. Whilst running, my nose is only there for looks, and bad ones at that.

GinnyinPA

Whenever I try to focus on my breathing (i.e.e 3/2 rhythm) I find myself forgetting how to breathe at all.  I'm much better off letting my body do what It knows how to do naturally.

Cyberic

The only time I breathe through my nose is when I'm sitting on my ass. Whilst running, my nose is only there for looks, and bad ones at that.