Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdaylies on the 2nd (Read 25 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 4 miles under clear skies and temps in the low 50s.  Excellent.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 5-6 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Why hello there!  Whatcha say on this fine Tuesday morning, ok then!

2400 yard masters swim before work.  6 swims the last 7 days.  I am looking forward to not swimming tomorrow.  I've got a bike workout tonight.  Today's weather may force me onto the bike trainer.

<3

Cyberic

After a RD yesterday, I am back at it today. Ran 3.5 to work, will run the same or a little more after work, and tomorrow I have a workout.

Daniels can by cryptic sometimes. My workout is something like "Consecutive 5 minutes T w/1 minute jog" (or something like that, don't have the book on hand) but he doesn't say how many. I'd need to read the previous pages and calculate a percentage of my weekly mileage... don't feel like doing that. I think I'll do 8, for a total of 40 minutes. He's had me run 40 minutes at T pace before, but never more, so that's what I'll do even if I'm not certain that is what I must do.

9 w/5x600m. I know this was not a serious workout, and it's a race week, but I hammered those fuckers anyway.

Dave

LRB

I ran 7.

I was up for most of the night so when 5:15 came I was in a complete state of denial. No part of me felt like running but by some miracle I got out there in the cold, wet wind and had one of my best weekday easy runs in forever. I guess I should eat not one but two Caramello bars every night before bed. 

onemile

I ran 7.

I was up for most of the night so when 5:15 came I was in a complete state of denial. No part of me felt like running but by some miracle I got out there in the cold, wet wind and had one of my best weekday easy runs in forever. I guess I should eat not one but two Caramello bars every night before bed. 

It's so random and I can't figure it out 

onemile

9 w/5x600m. I know this was not a serious workout, and it's a race week, but I hammered those fuckers anyway.

6:04 on the last one   You have time to recover.

LRB

It's so random and I can't figure it out 

I've had three halfway decent ones in a row, so I expect to get back to the suck a fuck runs and right soon.

LRB

Das wassup. 👍

I've had three halfway decent ones in a row

Caramello bars?

Dave

LRB

After a RD yesterday, I am back at it today. Ran 3.5 to work, will run the same or a little more after work, and tomorrow I have a workout.

Daniels can by cryptic sometimes. My workout is something like "Consecutive 5 minutes T w/1 minute jog" (or something like that, don't have the book on hand) but he doesn't say how many. I'd need to read the previous pages and calculate a percentage of my weekly mileage... don't feel like doing that. I think I'll do 8, for a total of 40 minutes. He's had me run 40 minutes at T pace before, but never more, so that's what I'll do even if I'm not certain that is what I must do.

Pack a lunch, that would be akin to 8 x 1200m or thereabouts

You don't really want to pack a lunch for that, because you would puke it right back up.

Dave

onemile

I was going to compare it to the 8x1k workout but that would be more like 8x 4 minutes.  But I have had 7x1 mile before..

LRB

Caramello bars?

That's a great idea.