Beginners and Beyond

Non-Descriminatory Saturdailies for Penguins and Speedier Creatures (Read 283 times)

toyger

I'll join too! Thanks Hey Doc!

Rest day for me. I'm coming back from injury are finishing my first marathon 2 weeks ago. I'll try for a couple miles tomorrow.

Jen

toyger

^oops...didn't mean to double post.

Jen

not lazy, just tired

Just got back from my run. 5.3 miles. It was windy. Very very windy. And cold. Did I mention it was windy? Now to take a hot shower and get a cup of coffee.

Not if it makes sense.

Jane

I'm not sure, another long night I may go for a shorter run after my nap or I may not today.  My work imposed cutback week ends today though. 

Never run, if you want to never run, don't start because you'll never stop.

StepbyStep-SH

Beautiful morning! After wicked winds all day yesterday, it was wonderfully still. Now I remember why I like cold, still, sunny days. 6.5 miles done with a few complaints from my foot, but not bad. It was actually my stomach that was a bit unhappy. Note to self: Garlic summer sausage at night = icky feeling the next morning. Legs could have kept going, but I thought an hour was a smart place to stop.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Zelanie

Good morning, dailies!  As far as where to post, I guess for the moment I don't feel comfortable posting dailies on the regular forum where people aren't used to them.  Maybe once we've "merged" better it will feel like a better fit, but for now I like posting here.  And by participating in the main discussion and mentioning our little haven here from time to time, maybe there will be some cross traffic eventually?

My family visit ends today!  It's been good but am also looking forward to getting back to normal.  I got my first pedicure yesterday and I have to say that my toes that have been sore since before I replaced my running shoes are feeling *so* much better!  We'll see if they're still feeling great after my run later- the plan is 6 tonight, then 8 tomorrow AM. Then 3 weekdays for my first 5-day week!

Liz- Thanks for getting us started!  I'm so glad your recovery has gone well.  Enjoy the 10 tomorrow.

Shari- Are you in the winter running game?  At least then you could be getting some points!  Hope your run in the cold goes well.

Stupidlazydog- I am worried about the winter running contest but especially the 2013 in 2013 contest.  I am looking forward to that one and hope we find a way for everyone to still participate easily.  Good job getting out there in the cold!
              RMTB- Enjoy the 8 miler!

Lori- Good job on the dreadmill!
              Stealth- Hope your run goes well later.

PAD- Good job getting out there in the cold and good luck at boot camp!

Jlm- I'm sure you'll do fine in your HM.  Hope the 3 go well today.

Steph- Good to see you here, and glad you're back to running!

Toyger- Yikes!  How did you injure yourself in your marathon?

Neverrow- Glad to hear the work schedule is improving.

Have a good day, everyone!

Zelanie

Shari- So glad to hear you enjoyed your run!

Think I'll check this place out now that it looks like it might be more active thanks to RWOL.

12.3 for me. Was around 10 degrees when we started...winter is here. Two groups I run with got together and planned a "donut dash". A 12 mile loop hitting four of our houses for water, snacks etc. Had about two dozen runners for a really nice run

Supersono99

Got in 4 with my neighbor. Weather was nice, a bit warm, but that's the price to pay for sleeping in. 

Hi! Nice to see some familiar faces.

"Feels like" temp of 6 F this morning when I started running. The actual temp was 6 when I got up this morning, I wonder how cold the wind chill was then? This was my coldest run ever, and I was way over-dressed. Lesson learned!

My son wants to go play outside in the snow but he's afraid he will get "frosty bites". LOL!

Docket_Rocket

Hi!  glad to see so many today!

I decided not to do my technical trail race because the marathon is next weekend and I always hurt something while going over roots and things.  Last time I almost broke my sacrum, shiver.

So, I woke up at 5am and drove to South Beach to watch the sunrise while I ran on the beach.  12 miles with 4 @ MP and best of all is NO ALBUTEROL!  Longest run since being diagnosed that I didn't use the inhaler, not even pre-run.  Very happy!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jess runs for bacon

I'll post here for now until I know for sure the main forums are OK with dailies (I hope so!)

It's getting colder here. Went on a very short group run this morning (saw april82 also) then off to a Turkey Trot 5k. Thought for sure I'd PR because I've been running a lot faster but it was just waaaay too crowded. At one point a girl stopped right in front of me on a three foot trail to take her jacket off. ARGH.

Toyger, what happened to you?

Damaris, that's awesome news!!

Shari, glad to hear you had a good run Smile

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone! Smile

I'll have to skip personals, on my iPad at the bookstore, no Internet at the inlaws house, I'm having withdrawals! Lol

7.7 miles for me this morning, very cold out in the country.  I wanted to do an extra loop for 10+, but had to get back to get ready, so I'll do that tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Howdy everyone,  just ran 1.25 to keep the running streak, planned on more but family had other ideas. Gotta start getting up early on Saturday to run.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Oh nooooo, 2 different Penguin threads on RA.  I'm so confused.  Shocked