Beginners and Beyond

MONDAILIES (Read 272 times)

Resting today.  Tomorrow starts my official Half-marathon training.  My goal is to finish without throwing up.  Big grin

LRB

What up doe!

The weekend was good for me, I feel recharged and ready to tackle the first week of December. 

It's actually pretty warm here so I will take time to stop and smell the flowers (figuratively speaking). 

Be sure to join me, and do the same.

B-Plus

Good morning runners. Basya - Great job on the VFF miles. SUS - Nice pic. I'm heading out for a 30 min run in a few.

Ball of Fury

Rest day for me today too!  I feel surprisingly good after yesterday's 20 though...no soreness at all.  Now, if I could just get rid of this damn blister!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

delicate flower

And a Happy Good Monday to you!  I don't want to be at work this morning.  No reason, other than just not wanting to be here.  I could use a mental health day.

My legs are feeling yesterday's balls-out 5K.  I don't recall my legs feeling this tired the day after a 5K before (RR has been posted).  I guess that means I did it right.  I am planning a recovery run today after work. 

Have a great day!

<3

Jess runs for bacon

Good morning everyone! Up waaay too early for a meeting this morning, at least there was coffee. It's unseasonably warm today so I'll be going out and enjoying 3-4 miles on my lunch break.

Hi, guys.

In case any of you missed it, someone posted on facebook this morning that Suzilea passed away last month.  Apparently she fell, then had a seizure and her heart gave way.  Sad...  I will miss her posts in the dailies...  : (

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE TO CHANGE THE NAME OF TODAY's THREAD? It seems so inappropriate with the passing of Suzzielea.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

TxDiverMom

Begin my taper today. Running 4 easy miles instead of 6. And headed to the dentist shortly for a root canal. Yuck!!! I really hate going to the dentist.

Dr. Cornsitter

Knees are a little tender after 8 particularly rough miles yesterday, so I'm doing 3 nice and slow today. I might bust out the new jogging stroller since it's relatively warm today (and I mean relative to NE, so like 45*?) and take the kiddo along for the ride. Plus I set a goal to use the stroller this month in the December Goals thread, so no time like the present to get to it, huh?

Also, I second changing the thread title.

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

EasyMiles

Morning-

Headed to the gym for an easy 4, then upper body and abs.  

Sad to hear about Suzilea.Cry

Adam

Jane

3 miles at recovery pace I wasn't in the mood to run at all.

Never run, if you want to never run, don't start because you'll never stop.

Shakedown Street

srd, start 'taper' week, maybe a short 1500m swim

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

Weezer88

Morning Dailies friends!

8.51 miles (averaged 8:19/mile) this AM; hopefully more later as I'm trying to build up mileage SAFELY.

Have a GREAT Monday everyone!

I AM WEEZER.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rest day for me today.    I did have a nice little adventure last night.   First, I did my 70th race for the year at 5 PM at University of the Incarnate Word in San Antonio, it was a nice event and tons of food after, plus all the holiday lights around the campus.  I will post my race report with photos tonite after work. 

After the race, Gail and I get home and hear our cat meowing outside and open the door to let him in.  Before we realize what is in his mouth - it's a bit dark by our back outside door  - he come proudly trotting in..with a MOUSE in his mouth. Gail freaks, giving a startled shriek,  which startles the cat, which drops the darn mouse with me trying to catch it - yes, it was still alive in the cat's mouth, and when he dropped it I saw it was just a field mouse, thank goodness, and not a rat - and it scurries under one of our kitchen cabinets.  I managed to get it out of there, but missed it as it came out and it went under another cabinet, sheesh.  Those little things are quick!  I did "work" for an hour under those cabinets but found nothing, saw nothing.  This cabinet backs up to the wall that goes outside, and we have some piping there that does lead outside, so I hope the stupid thing got out of the house.  Two of my other cats were QUITE interested and sat in front of that cabinet for quite a while,  peering under it, tails twitching, waiting and ready. The Great Hunters, lol.   Anyway, I guess we will be keeping an eye out for signs if it is still there and then take action if it is.   Gail is into "humane" removal and wants to catch it and release it.  We don't want to use any type of poison, etc., since our cats may inadvertently get into it.  I'm wondering about one of those "electronic" pest gizmos, don't know if they really work or not.  Any suggestions for those of you who may have mouse experience?   Oh well, "life" happens and this is just one of those things that sometimes comes along.  This too shall pass. Never a dull moment around our place, lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt