Beginners and Beyond

MONDAILIES (Read 272 times)

Jess runs for bacon

Scotty, how the heck did he meow with the mouse in his mouth?? The humane traps work, just make sure you release the mouse as far from your place as possible.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Yes, please change the title of this thread. Has anyone PM'd Basya...or LRB, can you change it? I know it doesn't seem right to change a thread title, but I'm sure Basya would do so willingly if she was seeing these requests for the change.

Today would normally be a rest day for me, but I'm gonna go out and do my mile tonight to keep my streak alive. That will make day 13! Smile

And why the hell did Monday have to come so soon?????????

outoftheblue

A SRD for me, as I tackle the mess that my yard is following the massive storm we just had out here.  Trees are down, the patio furniture blew away, drains are clogged, etc.   Fortunately, no flooding.   My hats are off to those folks you ran CIM yesterday in the howling wind and rain.  That had to be quite an adventure.

Life is good.

Samurai in Training

I'm pretty sure the cats will take care of this problem for you Scotty.

runmomto3boys

I sent Basya a message asking that the title be changed in light of her passing.  So sad...

LRB

Messages have been sent but Baysa is not available or online.  We will have to look past it until a change is made, which is okay because it was just a coincidence, nothing intentional.

delicate flower

Messages have been sent but Baysa is not available or online.  We will have to look past it until a change is made, which is okay because it was just a coincidence, nothing intentional.

I agree. 

<3

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

I don't think anyone was suggesting that it was intentional.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Basya...Just wanted to say that I certainly didn't mean anything accusatory either.  I just used the caps so that the post would be seen, but I realize that it was just coincidental.

Lilac...Yes, releasing the mouse into the garage doesn't do a whole lot Smile

Flippy...I'm sure the neighborhood will appreciate you going streaking!  Is that a record for you?

OutofBlue...Doesn't it seem like yard work season should be well beyond done?  So annoying!  I'm glad nothing was too badly damaged for you.

RMT3B...I'm glad you're finding a little time to rest before really hopping into the training.  I'm sure party planning and putting on for boys counts for some good XT.

I did 7.72 miles this morning, pretty much at easy pace.  The run finished with 4x8sec. hill sprints at 100% effort.  They were very fun to do actually.  I think I'm still shaking a bit of the junk out of my legs from my pacing endeavor, but generally I felt good.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

SIAR, yep...it's a big record for me. The most consecutive days I had ever run previously was 3 because Monday and Friday were rest days. Smile

Nice run this morning. Those hill sprints sound kind of un-fun though. You must be a masochist.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Nice run this morning. Those hill sprints sound kind of un-fun though. You must be a masochist.

I'm just really good at following directions...plan says jump, I jump.  I actually think I'd really see big improvements if I worked with a coach for that reason, but right now it's not in the budget/schedule.  As for your streak, that's awesome.  I've said it here before, but I noticed my running change the most when I started to run consecutive days, even if the mileage didn't change all that much.  As long as you're feeling good and being smart, go for it!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Pinktastic

Good Morning, Runners!

It’s December 3rd and the forecast is for the mid-80s.   What the freak!   It’s difficult to get that holiday spirit when it’s this hot outside…..  

Basya – Great job on the VFF run this morning!

Tom – Have fun with the speed work later!   I sure don’t envy you working nights these days…..

Kay – Let us know how it goes with your lunch run.   Did your co-worker do her homework?  

Gustav – That’s my kinda weight lifting!

Bertha, Makk, Ami , JNeilt  – Enjoy your rest day!

Angela – I agree.  The elliptical is completely boring!   Hang in there – you’ll be running soon!

April – Love your goal of doing something active every day this month!  

Dtothe2nd – You did those kind of miles with that speed without coffee?   Holy cow!

SUS – Love the pic of your DS!   I bet he was fun to run with yesterday!

Step – Hope you had a great run!   Report back about how good the potluck luncheon was – we can live vicariously through you!

Eddie – Enjoy your trail run this evening!

Amy – Hope you had a fabulous run this morning!   Wine and tree decorating sounds like a great way to spend the afternoon!

RMT3B – I’m so excited to watch you train for your next race!   Not that I have enough experience to mean anything, but I think taking a few days off this week is very smart!   Enjoy the “extra” time that not running will give you while you can!

In response to your question yesterday, yes we do play year round, but the year is broken into 12 – 16 week seasons.   I play and manage 1 team (make the lines, get subs, tell people what to do knowing they will ignore me, etc.) and I just play on another team.    I like the control of running my team (the Snipers), but sometimes it’s nice to just show up and not have to worry about anything too which is why I also play for the Brewzers.     I am 1 of 2 women on the Snipers and the only woman on the Brewzers.    Both teams have awesome people, and hockey is just so much fun!!   And, it’s a great workout as well!!  Thanks for asking, Heidi!

LRB – what?  No coffee?  I was counting on you…..

B-Plus – Hope you had a great run!

Baboon – After that amazing 5K yesterday, you deserve a nice, easy recovery run.   Hope it goes well for you!

Lilac – Sorry about the early morning meeting – those aren’t fun.   Enjoy your lunch run!

TX – Don’t let the taper madness get to you!   J    And, good luck on Sunday at your HM!!  

Beachrunner – Take care of your knees!    I hope that the weather stays relatively warm for you and you can get out with the little one later!

Adam – Have a great time with your run and lifting!

Never – Good for you for getting out there when you weren’t in the mood to run!   That’s awesome!

Weezer – Great run this morning!  

Scotty – A mouse?   Eewww!!    I wouldn’t have been happy either!    Congrats on your 70th race this year – that’s quite an accomplishment!!

Flippy – 13 days?  Wow!  That’s an impressive streak!!   Way to keep it going!

Outoftheblue – Sorry that things are a mess after the storm!  

SIAR – Great run this morning!   You make hill sprints sound easy.

After I posted in the dailies yesterday, I was mentally reviewing my week and decided that I needed to do my longest run of the week yesterday.   So, I went out and did 10.05 miles.   It was almost 80* with 73% humidity and 19 mph gusty winds when I finished.   Between my knee and the heat, wind, and humidity, 10 was all I could manage.   Sure hope I am able to run the full 13.1 on Sunday as planned....

Happy Monday to you all!   And, may your next run make you feel like the KING OF THE WORLD!! 

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

SIAR - Which plan are you following? I'm going to be starting a Pfitz HM plan in mid-January for an April half. It will be interesting to see how I do once I follow an actual structured plan.

As for my current streak, on what are usually rest days, I am only running 1-2 miles just to keep the streak going. I'm going to build one of them up to 4 miles or so though and use it as a recovery run to expand my schedule to 6 days per week. I'm planning on Thursdays being a quality run (LT or Vo2max), so the recovery paced miles on Fridays will be nice to follow that. We'll see how it all unfolds once I get closer to putting my actual schedule on paper (or in Excel, actually).

@runjerseygirl

My coworker is feeling under the weather today, so it was just me and my RP.  

They were 2 of the most emotional miles since I started running.

Do you even run?

LRB

Flip, I meant since it wasn't intentional, there is no need to get the system admin involved, which is the only way a change could be made outside of the OP.

Pink, I did have coffee but got up to late to have my usual fun with it.

Kay, the 2 miles is better than the 1 you would have run no?