Beginners and Beyond

Friday Penguins are Ready for the Weekend (Read 9 times)

GinnyinPA

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

GinnyinPA

At least, I hope you are.  I'm climbing the walls. Only two miles left to run this week, and I'll probably do them today since tomorrow is likely to be too busy.  I'm about half packed, but sure I've forgotten half of what I need.  I'm still trying to figure out what to wear for my race on Sunday - short sleeves or long, rain jacket or garbage bag? Trying to carb load but not get too weighed down. Trying to make arrangements to meet family for late lunch early dinner on Saturday and still have time to get to the Expo to pick up my bib. Trying to figure out breakfast on Sunday when the hotel will probably not have anything to eat/drink that early.  Local races are so much easier.

HopesMom - good luck on your competition this weekend. I'm sure you'll have fun.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I am more than ready for the weekend!  4 workouts yesterday, including Orange Theory. I'm sore, but not too badly.  Everything...except the knee, is sore.  #winning.

I have 6 miles tonight.  Outside since I'm afraid the TM might send me flying.  Hubby should look at it tonight.

Ginny, go!  Can't wait to see how you do!  Good luck!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Competition is next weekend, so I'm chilling this weekend.  Which I need, because work is incredibly frustrating.  Instrument issues (not the same ones, of course.  That would be boring.)  People issues (Why didn't you listen when I told you this experiment would not work?).  DH is equally frustrated -- he woke up to a flat tire this morning and is still wandering around Walmart trying to get it fixed.

I finally gave up and put in a repair request.  We'll see how that goes ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Just discovered my problem was an empty bottle. 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Just discovered my problem was an empty bottle. 

Oopsie.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PADRunner

I registered for the MCM lotto and about a hour of spin & running this morning.

GinnyinPA

I thought about doing the lottery too, but my husband has gotten a bit irritated at the way that marathon training can interfere with making other plans.  He wants to be free to travel whenever the mood strikes, but if I'm in mid-training, it gets hard. I think one race a year is all I can be sure of right now.