Beginners and Beyond

Springy Monday Penguins!! (Read 8 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

It didn't feel much like spring when I got up (29 degrees), but it's supposed to be 60 today, so I figure that's spring-like.  I woke up with a slight naggy headache this morning, trying to decide if it's worth taking some aspirin.  Busy work day today, woo-hoo!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

HM - sometimes with a light headache, all it takes is a couple of cups of coffee to make it disappear.  Enjoy your Equinox warmth.

Rest day here, or xt.  We may go for a short hike this afternoon.  The trails will be really muddy from snowmelt, but it should be nice out: 50ish this afternoon.

Singer who runs a smidge

Yeah, I was hoping my morning coffee would knock it out, but no such luck.  I suspect the Excedrin I just swallowed will do the trick, though.  Have fun on the hike, if it happens!!  We let Dusty out for his end-of-night romp on Saturday, and he came back leaving huge muddy footprints on our rug.  I think it had rained maybe 30 drops!!

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  We usually skip Spring so for us is just another day.  But March has been cool (65-80F), so I can't complain.

Ran 9 and 10 this weekend, for 51 miles this week and ran two races for fun, a 5K and a 10 miler with hubby.  Pics of my medieval outfit later (the 10 MIler had a medieval theme).

RD tonight.

Hope, hope the headache is better.

Ginny, enjoy whichever one you decide upon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Definitely want to see the pics!!

Docket_Rocket

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Congrats on your racing and cute outfits, D! Glad you're getting some "spring".

HsM, Hope that the excedrin did the trick.

Ginny, enjoy your day, whatever you decide.

I was up late trying to put together an Ikea bed. We didn't finish before we needed to sleep, maybe because I still got in my 10 miler after we got home from Ikea instead of helping my husband get started right away. But I'm glad that I got my run in. That is the kind of day that I often just bail on my run. Tonight I have 6 with the group.

Singer who runs a smidge

Cute!!  I love the kilt/skort!

PADRunner

Been away for a while but it looks like I'll survive. 2 x 25ks a 50k and a Half in 3 months is a little to much for a sick old man I guess.

Almost 90 today and it's still March.

Spin & Gym day.