Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: Riddle Me This (Read 43 times)

LRB

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

LRB

What has the body of a donkey, the head and neck of a giraffe, and the legs of a kangaroo?

Answer: me, trying to do a pelvic tilt at PT yesterday!

I swear, that is either the most bizarre movement known to man, or I am the most uncoordinated man on the planet, oy.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Top of the morning, Dailies, and a quick in/out hello!

SRD number 4 for me, and the right knee is feeling normal today. I'm still intent on not running for the rest of the week, at least. Even if I start going stir-crazy.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

meaghansketch

Hello dailies!

Up early this morning (had to be at work at 6) so I'll get my run in later this evening.  Taper madness levels remain below danger zone.  I decided that I was desperately in need of some capri tights (I have nothing in my running wardrobe that fills the niche between shorts and warm pants) so I bought some last night.

Caffeine fast will start as soon as I finish my first (much-needed) cup of coffee.  Whee!

delicate flower

And a hearty GOOD MORNING to you all as well now!  7 miles at a steady medium/hard effort last night.  7:41 avg pace.  Good run.  8-9 easy miles tonight.

Our DOG made her first kill this morning.  Some unsuspecting, unfortunate rabbit decided to breach our dog pen.  I let Bloo out to do her business, and she immediately spotted the rabbit, charged, and grabbed hold.  She wanted to bring it back into the house.  I made her drop it, but not before the fatal damage was done.  Silly dogger.  I scooted her back into the house and gave her a cookie.  In case you haven't heard it, a rabbit in angst makes some loud noises.

Hey, how 'bout those RED SOX.

<3

StepbyStep-SH

Good morning, runners!

LRB - Great visual. Wink You'll get it figured out soon. We did hip bridges at martial arts last night, then some 9-year-old girl made of the same stuff they make Gumby from stood up and bent backward into a full bridge as though it were an everyday thing. :P
              Tom - Good luck sticking with your rest commitment.
              Meagan - Shopping is always good taper therapy. Enjoy!
              Baboon - Poor rabbit. I bet your pup was so proud, though.

7-8 miles with hill repeats later before my strength training class. I might go a little lighter in class since I am still sore from Tuesday, or I might not.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hello Dailies!  It will be a 'cool' 80 degrees today in San Antonio after work.  That is Fall weather for us, lol. I am heading out to a local park to check it out as this is where my 5K will be on Saturday.   This is a relatively new park so have not run here yet, get to explore new territory.  I also think as I get older I am getting more and more brain dumps, lol.   I could've sworn I had 3 races this weekend, a 5K on Saturday, a 5K on Sunday, and a 5K Sunday night.  However the night-time Trick or Treat 5K is actually on the evening of Halloween.  Duhhhhh..

Well, LRB, what has the body of an elephant and the head of a rhino?  Elephino! Joking   I'm sure you are much more coordinated than me, I am a total klutz when it comes to stretching. I once managed to fall off the foam roller at home!  Left Gail laughing....

Glad the knee is feeling better, Tom.  Don't go crazy!   Take nice long  and easy paced walks or something.

Caffeine fast, Meaghan?   Will this really be good for you during a taper?  Good luck!

Good luck with your miles tonite, Baboon.  Aww..poor wittle wabbit.   Your doggie must be pretty quick to catch a rabbit.

Hill repeats AND strength training class, Step?  That sounds like two hard workouts back-to-back.  Good luck!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Rick, thanks for starting today's thread. PT sounds uncomfortable:/

Tom, have a pleasant SRD.

meaghansketch, enjoy tonight's run.

Phil, beautiful run last night. Talented pooch you have there.

Shari, have fun strength training and running.

scottydawg, enjoy the race course reconnaissance.

I'm not sure what will happen with me today. I might have a sewing lesson after work. If so, no runSad

Jess runs for bacon

Bad bloo!

LRB, what is a pelvic tilt? Sounds like something the OBGYN would make you do.

Meaghan, glad to hear taper madness hasn't set in yet. I will be spectating at NYCM this year, with a sign, I'll let you know what to look out for Smile

Still feeling sick, so n another SRD. I am going to the Philly art museum today because if I have to sit in bed for another day I will lose it, and art always makes me feel better. Hopefully NYC tomorrow.

Basya, enjoy your sewing lessons. I should take one for stretchy/tech fabrics. Have you done any of that yet?

Just B.S.

Yo, sup peeps? I am channeling my inner LRB today. However I cannot tell a joke and have

no muscles so it's a fail.

3 more sleeps until another marathon for hubby and I and personally I am basking in Taper Gladness!!!!!!!  

Truly, because I had zero taper for the Sept 29th marathon or any of the other 11 races since my last marathon

on May 12th.   And Oh joy, for Sunday start temps of 36F, high of 46F, 100% POP with flurries and rain. Route

in on a treeless paved trail beside  a river and can often we very windy.

Sounds like fun right?Big grin  Oh well at least it's fairly flat. The one 3.5 weeks ago had 3,200 feet of climbing

and I was wearing a running skirt and short sleeve tech. Sunday could possibly see me wearing a parka.

Talk about polar opposites.

TOM, didn't get a chance to congratulate you on your HM PR! Way to go! Anyway, resting is a

good idea. Never hurts and often helps immensely.

Megan, enjoy your run later and thanks for your lovely comments on my Ireland RR.

Phil,  great run last night.

Shari, enjoy your day!

Scotty, it's still 3 races in one week which certifies you as crazy (in a good way).Smile

Basya, Hi!! Have a great day!

Lilac, feel better!

Have a great day all!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy October 24th!

Today's Holidays:

National Good n Plenty Day - How many of you remember this stuff.  Is it even still around? Good & Plenty was first produced by the Quaker City Confectionery Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in 1893 and is the oldest branded candy in the United States. In 1950, a cartoon character named "Choo-Choo Charlie" appeared in Good & Plenty. Charlie would shake a box of the candy in a circular motion, imitating a train's pushrods and making a sound like a train and say "Good n Plenty, Good n Plenty, Good n Plenty, woooo woooo!"  How many of you old-timers like me remember that commercial?

National Bologna Day - Bologna is a cooked, smoked sausage made of beef, pork, or a mixture of the two meats. The history of bologna traces back to a city in Italy called Bologna. Traders that passed through the village would have picked up the sausage in Bologna, therefore the city became identified with the sausage. The history of bologna is traced back to the mid 1400’s when these traders were discovering the sausage. By the nineteenth century in England and America bologna had become the generic name for any type of pork sausage.  Today, Bologna meat can contain a wide range of ingredients which vary by manufacturer. In general, bologna contains meat such as pork or chicken, and is combined with water, corn syrup, food starch, and spices. Soy protein, preservatives, and other ingredients may be added. And Oscar Mayer company made a wildly popular commercial jingle - --"My bologna has a first name, it's O-s-c-a-r. My bologna has a second name, it's M-a-y-e-r," - that made its initial appearance in a television ad in 1973.

United Nations Day - UN Day marks the anniversary of the entry into force in 1945 of the UN Charter.

Pharmacy Buyer Day - A day recognizing the work done by the pharmacy buyer. These people perform the job of making sure their pharmacies have needed medication and supplies so that pharmacists and technicians can provide quality health care to the public.

candies cartoons, candies cartoon, funny, candies picture, candies pictures, candies image, candies images, candies illustration, candies illustrations

KEYWORD1  1996-03-15  work  workplace  workplaces  job  jobs  employment  employee  employees

United Nations cartoons, United Nations cartoon, funny, United Nations picture, United Nations pictures, United Nations image, United Nations images, United Nations illustration, United Nations illustrations

United Nation cartoons, United Nation cartoon, United Nation picture, United Nation pictures, United Nation image, United Nation images, United Nation illustration, United Nation illustrations

KEYWORD1  2009-11-21  doctor  doctors  physician  physicians  doctor’s office  do

KEYWORD1  2008-04-11  medical  medicine  health  healthcare  health care  drug  drugs  pharmaceutica

pharmacy cartoons, pharmacy cartoon, funny, pharmacy picture, pharmacy pictures, pharmacy image, pharmacy images, pharmacy illustration, pharmacy illustrations

pharmacy cartoons, pharmacy cartoon, funny, pharmacy picture, pharmacy pictures, pharmacy image, pharmacy images, pharmacy illustration, pharmacy illustrations

pharmacist cartoons, pharmacist cartoon, funny, pharmacist picture, pharmacist pictures, pharmacist image, pharmacist images, pharmacist illustration, pharmacist illustrations

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Sewing lesson, Basya?  What are you learning to sew?  Well, if you don't go see your sew-and-sew instructor, then have fun with a run.

Sorry you are still feeling sick, Lilac, hope you feel better. Enjoy the museum...and don't throw up on any of the exhibits, the guards probably tend to frown on that kind of thing.

B.S., actually my running week starts on Monday and ends on Sunday, so this week it will be only 2 races.  NEXT week, however...I have the 5K on Thursday night....then a 5-Mile event on Saturday, Nov 2...then a 5K on the evening of Nov 2....and then a 5K on Sunday, Nov 3...so next week will be FOUR events for me.

Pinktastic

Good Morning, Friends!

I’m trying to decide if today is my Thursday or my Friday.   I’d kinda like to be off tomorrow, but I’ll be off all next week so part of me thinks I should be in tomorrow to finish up last minute stuff.    Most of me thinks that stuff can wait until I get back on the 4th.    We’ll see how it turns out.

LRB – Thanks for getting us started this morning!   Perhaps you just need practice with that tilt to get comfortable with it.    I hope you’re feeling better and stronger every day!

Tom – Glad to hear that the knee is feeling better!   Resting all week is probably the best thing you could do for it.

Meaghan – Keep us posted on your taper madness levels.  Hopefully they don’t reach the danger zone, but we’ll all understand if they do get there.    Why do you go caffeine free during taper?   Enjoy the tights!

Phil – I thought of you when I heard that the Sox won last night (no, I did not watch).   What did you do with rabbit after Bloo dropped it?   I hope you didn’t leave it for MBC to clean up!    YUCK!

Shari – Have a great run later today!   I’m sure you’ll have no issues with those hills!   Have a Pinktacular day!

Scotty – If you’re running a 5K on Halloween, how can you hand out candy to the kids who come around?   I love seeing all the little kids dressed up!    Enjoy the beautiful weather during your run this afternoon!

Basya – Glad to hear that you’re starting to feel better!   Hope that positive trend continues and you’re back to your normal self soon!    Whatever you decide to do, I hope you have fun!

Jess – Sorry that you’re still feeling sick!   Hope the trip to see some lovely art drives all the sickness away!

Beth – The weather for your marathon doesn’t sound fun at all!  Hope you can find a way to stay warm!   I am already looking forward to your RR and pictures!   Good luck and I know you’re going to KILL it!!

Still no cardio of any kind for me.    But, we’re having a pot-luck lunch to celebrate Fall so I’m going to be carb loading anyway!    ;-)    I brought Peanut Butter – Chocolate Banana Bread.    I’ve never made it before, but I saw the recipe last week so I thought I’d try it out.   I figured that with PB, Chocolate, and Banana, how could I go wrong?    ;-)

Happy Thursday!!   And, I hope that your next run illuminates the beauty within you, as well as the beauty all around you!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Morning all!

LRB...Pelvic tilt?  Really? ha.

RunTom...Good idea to let the healing take hold.

Meaghan...Ah, in the taper purchasing phase.  Nice work!

Baboon...More great runs, as usual.  Poor bunny.

Step...Hill sprints - good stuff!  Do you do the really short, fast ones, or slightly longer?

Scotty...A park you don't know yet?  I scarcely believe it!  I think it's probably a good thing you don't have a 3 race weekend.

Beth...Glad you're happy with your taper.  Those do sound like cold conditions, but you'll probably warm up quickly once you're out there.

Yoga and a short run for me tonight.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Super busy today.  3-5 miles later tonight.

Hope everybody is doing well today.

And how come no one has asked LRB to post a picture of his pelvic tilt?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page