Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 22 times)

LRB

I ran 5 at the trail.

At one point I drifted off mentally and came across a huge fallen tree at the side of the path that I mistook for a large bull, which quickly snapped me backed into reality! 

6.83; 5.5 dirt with bumps then 1.33 road crown hill..., off work so starting on Spring chores.... currently pressure washing the inside of the screened in porch

Cyberic

No bull encounter for me.

delicate flower

HEY rolf.  I had a tough 60 minute bike workout this morning and attacked it like this:

It's a metaphor, but that really happened.  Run later, legs willing.

<3

GinnyinPA

At least it wasn't a bear. That's what stumps and logs usually look like to me, and sometimes they really are a bear.

sdWhiskers

4.4 miles in the RAIN. It's sunny now, of course.

Docket_Rocket

I didn't run yesterday so I didn't test the back but I did a reformer workout and lifted so hoping that helps. The wind was brutal yesterday; 40+mph gusts, sirens, trashcans flying, I took that as a sign not to run. TM is still down, so I'll cross train if needed on days I can't run.

I have (hopefully) 5-7 and weights. windy today but not as bad as yesterday (30s) but it should die by 6pm. My patella/ITB issue is way better but not resolved. I will tape it before my run today. Been doing a lot of weights and Pilates to rehab it and no idea what is going on with it but it started after I jumped on a step during a Tabata workout.

My dad is around the same. He sounded more lucid yesterday so that uremia thing is better. They did the tests and I think they are ready to start but as of yesterday, they had not. He needs surgery I assume, for the prostate.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I just finished a 3 hour court hearing by Zoom. I was tempted to say I am not a cat, but refrained.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hey. Thursday is my regular 7 AM meeting day. But today I was actually double-booked with a more important meeting taking precedence over my recurring one. And it was one where I had to be engaged as well as present for a portion of it, so decided to put my run off till later rather than squeeze it in. Did not hurt the decision that it was 32 degrees at 6 AM, and it'll be 51 at 4 PM.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

20 minutes on the treadmill & strength training this morning. Will run after I finish work. I sent DH to the wrong Walgreens. Oops. Luckily, the correct one is 2 miles away and he had no problem getting his shot.

LRB, at least it wasn't the summer game of stick or snake.

sdWhiskers

20 minutes on the treadmill & strength training this morning. Will run after I finish work. I sent DH to the wrong Walgreens. Oops. Luckily, the correct one is 2 miles away and he had no problem getting his shot.

LRB, at least it wasn't the summer game of stick or snake.

Yay for The Shot!

The trail by my house has a few places where there's a twisted rebar stake stuck in the ground. Totally looks like rattle snakes. Fools me every time.

sdWhiskers

Hey. Thursday is my regular 7 AM meeting day. But today I was actually double-booked with a more important meeting taking precedence over my recurring one. And it was one where I had to be engaged as well as present for a portion of it, so decided to put my run off till later rather than squeeze it in. Did not hurt the decision that it was 32 degrees at 6 AM, and it'll be 51 at 4 PM.

So I'm just realizing that Japan doesn't do DST so all my late afternoon/every evening meetings are now 1 hour even later, boo

delicate flower

I ran 5 in a singlet...70 degrees outside!  DW said "You're wearing a tank top?"  And I said "No, it's a singlet!"

<3

Docket_Rocket

It's been a week from hell for me, so now my lower back has been hurting since Monday and today was bad. I did run/walk 5 and after Mile 2 it didn't hurt but it's sore AF.

I might need a chiro because FTS.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I ran 5 in a singlet...70 degrees outside!  DW said "You're wearing a tank top?"  And I said "No, it's a singlet!"

She was as shocked as me when I read you ran in a tank and not tights, jacket, gloves, and a hat...

Damaris

Fundraising Page