Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES (Read 39 times)

LRB

Yo.

Docket_Rocket

S'up!  I have 6 miles with 2 @ MP tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Happy Wednesday, all of you wonderful internet people.  I went to the pool early this morning for 35 minutes of swimming and resting (800 yards).  I get a little better each time.  I've got 60 minutes of easy running to do tonight.  Boy are my legs tired from last night's run.

Coffee time imo.

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Warm run/walk after work yesterday on the San Antonio Riverwalk.   Sunny, 85 degrees - felt a little warmer down there, with all that sun reflecting off the cement - and a nice breeze blowing helping make it feel pretty good.  Ended up with 4.1 miles.  Also took my new camera with me, experimenting with taking some photos, which I will post later tonite.   Small world too...while on my Riverwalk run I ran into another retired veteran, an Army guy and a runner, who was visiting here from Alabama...and he was friends there with a good friend of mine in the Army, they are both stationed at the same place, so we both had a nice laugh about that.  He's going back tomorrow and will tell Susan he met Scottydog and give her a big hello from me.

Today, a planned 3 - 4 miles somewhere, have not decided where yet.  The trouble with San Antonio running is that I have too many good running places to choose from!  Some problem, huh?    Today there is a bit more overcast than yesterday, but still warm in the 80s....and I'm lovin' it!     Poor Gail went to the orthopedic doc yesterday for her 'sprained' foot and it appears it might be more than a strain...might have a stress fracture on the top of her foot...the doc put her in a boot yesterday, which she is not happy about....but she's still doing her yoga with it on.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Yo.

Yo-Yo!

Good luck with your miles, Damaris, and hope you do well in court and all the court activity does not make your headache worse.

Happy easy running, Phil, hope your legs behave for you!   I admire that you can do all that swimming...I could swim like a fish when I was kid, but now I pretty much suck at it.

Docket_Rocket

So there is a strike in France and my flight could be canceled.  I am so lucky!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Guess you will have to take a cruise to get there... 

Docket_Rocket

I am just hoping my flight is a go since it arrives after the strike ends, but damn. WTF.  Not sure what I'll do if they cancel.  There could be an option to fly on Friday but I really don't want to arrive the day before the race.  I am going to start eyeing the Go!  St. Louis just in case it's not full and I can register tomorrow.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

AF says my flight is still on.  I hope so.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Great way to encourage tourism.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

delicate flower

I am just hoping my flight is a go since it arrives after the strike ends, but damn. WTF.  Not sure what I'll do if they cancel.  There could be an option to fly on Friday but I really don't want to arrive the day before the race.  I am going to start eyeing the Go!  St. Louis just in case it's not full and I can register tomorrow.

Boy, nothing like some last minute angst.

<3

Zelanie

Morning!  Ran the first Hanson's strength workout in the rain last night with my RP.  Amazing how much less stressful that feels when it's not even your race you're training for. Smile Plus she has a more reasonable goal than I did, so the workout was more reasonable too.

D- Hopefully they get that sorted out.  Don't they strike fairly often (but not for too long) over there?

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Things are going great here.  I'm really enjoying running hills everyday, thought it would suck, but it's actually nice.  Feeling very strong lately, keeping good paces, even with the hills.  Have a 5k this weekend, should be interesting, this will be my first race here, see below for the elevation profile.  I know that some of you deal with more elevation than this, but this is a first for me (where I lived and raced in VA, the highest point on any of the race courses was a 20ft bridge lol). At least I've had a couple of weeks of local hill running to help get acclimated. Smile

Oh, the marathon that is also being run with the 5k I'm doing, has over 3,000 feet of elevation gain (and then loss).  The RD basically picked the highest point in Greenville and designed the course to summit that point and then go down the other side, fun stuff.  There's a lil warning on the signup page that you probably won't PR there. LOL

I'm off for around 8ish miles after I finish my coffee.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I ran 5 miles this morning,  then I headed to the gym for an hour and 6 minutes focusing in the Biceps, Triceps, and chest.

At the dentist now, will probably try to take Dorian for an easy 2-3 miles later today.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Burke-Gilman trail again, 8 miles.

Dave