Beginners and Beyond

L&O - the truth (Read 330 times)

Nevrgivup

Looks like she succeeded.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Hip Redux

Actually I believe the catalyst for the latest round of ongoing drama started with FreeSoul87 posting that she needed to stir things up around here. So yeah, the vibe here is drama.

Yes, FS posted that.  The other 21489208342312 posts about stupid shit were not her doing, however.   Convenient to place "blame" on one person but it hardly works that way in reality.

And glad you're back, MJ.  It's been, what, three days since we had a "I don't post here anymore!" post from you.  Big grin

kittenkat

The c word is repulsive

Oh please can we have someone else at the helm. please!

AutBatgirl

And while I don't think I've posted anything over at L & O yet, I have to say a couple of things.......

#1.)  I don't think that RA's L & O is anywhere NEAR the kind of cess pool that RW's L & O was.  THAT place was truly gang house.  Looking down the list of topics in this L & O vs what you would see in RW's L & O is like Disneyland vs Betty Ford Center.   In fact, the very thought of someone from L & O coming here to try and explain themselves would have been laughable at best.  And THAT person would have probably been run thru the mill for even considering such a thing.

Hmm - as a long time poster in both, I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about. And if anyone tried to run me through the mill, I'd just shank them and be done with it. But I don't know you, so think whatever you want.

No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.

AutBatgirl

Oh please can we have someone else at the helm. please!

No.

No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.

Hmm - as a long time poster in both, I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about. And if anyone tried to run me through the mill, I'd just shank them and be done with it. But I don't know you, so think whatever you want.

I like this.

A friend asked me where I got my foul mouth the other day and I replied gangster rap and mobster movies. Even with that I was never as creative as this.

You mind if I use that line someday? Or if I need some help can I call on you?

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Love the Half

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

delicate flower

This place has seriously lost it's collective mind.

<3

No more marathons

But please do keep in mind that the “conflict” between B&B and L&O is made up of a handful of people that build it up so they can feel more important about themselves. Most of us on both sides of the fence are happy to live and let live. Before you jump on the “they are so bad!” bandwagon, just make sure that you’re speaking about something you know, and not something you read somewhere. Despite what you might have heard, not everything on the internet is true.

Something I didn’t answer that you’re dying to know? You know where to find me.

Batgirl - it does appear to be difficult to get a (semi) serious point across in a forum that prides itself (sometimes) on caustic wit.  But I appreciate the effort.

For the most part, if you put aside a very small portion of the topics that cross the line on what would be considered good social behavior (which you can easily do since it's only the internet  (insert tongue in cheek here)) both in L&O and in B&B you will find actual good running related information from some very knowledgeable people.

'nuf said - boring, boring.

Oh, HEY PAULSKI - nice 12 miler this morning.  (Now you have to read)

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

RWPartisanRunner

Mommy Dearest

Actually I believe the catalyst for the latest round of ongoing drama started with FreeSoul87 posting that she needed to stir things up around here. So yeah, the vibe here is drama.

How true. What was that post about you that BIS took off so quick?. Is someone photo slopping pples heads to goat bods or something? Gee maybe i should take my pics off threads if i posted any?

Running for 9 months.

5k - 30:24

10k - 1:15

RSX

Wasn't that 2 or 3 weeks ago? I can barely remember things that happen here a few days ago as I don't worry about this crap.

Village people

You better be washing your towels!

gusgordon

It's "its" you mouse-brained moron.

delicate flower

It's "its" you mouse-brained moron.

Dammit.

<3