Beginners and Beyond

Trot for Trykes 10k RR - PR! (Read 72 times)

Luke79

April, awesome pic.  Huge grats on the PR.  I'm so glad for you.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Awesome effort. Your pacing was really good. Do you think if you hadn't had to deal with that hill you could have kept sub9 for the last 2 miles? Regardless, you're making great progress and I've loved watching you smartly build your miles. I'm happy that you got this nice reward for your efforts.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

BruceD555

I enjoyed reading through your RR and a big congrats to you on the PR! I don't know what it is about AG shifts, but there always seems to be the fastest people in mine as well - There's a local HM that I had thought about running (but didn't work out in my training plan) and in my 45-49 bracket there were 5 in the top 10 overall ... 3 with sub 1:35 times!

Train smart ... race smarter.

Brava, AprilRunner! Great cause.

LRB

Good for you, you have been working your butt off and it's paying off!

Nice pic!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Mitch, Gus, Robert, Damaris, Scott, redrum, Scotty, Shirfan, Dave, Luke, Basya, Rick, thanks!! Smile

SIAR, I like to think that I'd have been able to at least hold the magic "around 9mm" pace, but I really don't know. I was pretty spent, but that hill kinda killed me too. Thanks for your kind words. Smile

Bruce, Thanks, and I know, people are crazy! I have a friend in his 50's who runs around a 1:40 HM. My only solace is in the fact that by the time I'm 50 (when the ladies slow back down) I SHOULD be nailing some AG awards, since by then I'll have been running for over 20 years. Big grin

happylily

That is such a fantastic picture of you! Congratulations on your great finish time and PR! Keep on training smart like you have been doing and I predict a whole season of PRs for you!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Amazing job April!!! Congrats! And what a great cause! I work with children with special needs, so it is really amazing to know a race like this exists!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Way to go, April. It feels great to pr!! Even better, the bright orange shirt is awesome.  Smile

delicate flower

Solid improvement on your 10K time, April!  Nicely done.  I hate it when hills pop up out of nowhere.

<3

Mmmmm...beer

Great job April, and an awesome pic to boot!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Thanks, you guys. Truly. Smile

Official results were posted!

Gun time: 56:06 (I'll take it)

F30-39: 9/13

F Overall: 21/54

Overall: 54/94

5th 30-39 overall finished just over a minute ahead of me. The list went: F33, M47, M45, F33, F35, F32, and then me, LOL.

SheCan

I smell an AG award in your near future!   Congratulations on a great time in race with such a worthy cause.  Nice picture too!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson