Beginners and Beyond

Who's racing this weekend? (Read 198 times)

TxDiverMom

Sunday is the Bryan College Station Marathon & Half Marathon.  I'm doing the half and it's my goal race.  I've only done a 5k besides this HM.  I'm a little scared, a little excited, and a little worried about the 70 degree weather.  It will be fun.  There's quite a group of us going and racing either the half or the marathon.

Better I Leave

Walnut Creek Half Marathon for me...

http://www.runwalnutcreek.com/

Jess runs for bacon

Good luck on your first, TxDiverMom! Worried about 70 degree weather? I'd be thrilled for that!

Dave, good luck on your half as well!

I'm doing a virtual half marathon tomorrow. I had grand plans of downloading the course and running it on my treadmill, but TM is going through some growing pains. I'll be running it at a local park instead. It'll be rainy, but in the 50s, so I guess I can't complain too much.

Snickers1230

Good luck on your first half TxDiverMom!

I am doing Run Girl half marathon on Sunday.  Also a Texas race.  Forecast has the temps at race start right now about 67 with increasing to the low 70s by the end.  While not nearly as bad as the summer months, I do wish it would be a bit cooler.  Although last year the race was in the low 30s!  Perfect weather would be about half way between Cool

Formerly Jackie_601 on RW

Next up:

4/27 - Green 6.2 10K

@runjerseygirl

Good luck, everyone!

Do you even run?

Don't call me Buttercup!

I'm doing a holiday themed race this weekend.  Should be fun. =)

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

Docket_Rocket

Weston Half Marathon...for fun.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

@runjerseygirl

Weston Half Marathon...for fun.

Because you're bad ass!  I don't deserve to be in the same category of bad-assery as you.

Do you even run?

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

I'm doing a 5k in downtown OKC tomorrow morning. Shooting for a PR to end 2012 on a high note. Smile

Nasreddin Hoja

I've got two.

A 4 miler in Brooklyn where I'd like to lower my NYRR best time per mile - Saturday

and...

A Cyclocross Race out on Long Island.  - Sunday -  Rescheduled due to Hurricane.  I don't see how this can go well, just try to do well enough to get into the Worlds.

Supposed to rain all weekend. 

Metro PCS Dallas Marathon for me.  First time in Dallas, eighth marathon.  Good luck everyone and I expect some good reports on Monday.

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Good Luck racers!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

#artbydmcbride

Holiday Half Marathon!  Smile

Runners run

Run Like the Dickens 10K on Saturday morning.   My current PR at this distance is the same race last year 1:03:03.  I'm gonna break it off on that PR. I won't say what I'm secretly shooting for. My B goal is 57 minutes.

Good luck to all the other racers.

sunfastrose

Fatty McFatFat

Festivus 5K on Sunday.  It brings my total miles raced this year to just over 100!  Not a goal race, just fun.