Beginners and Beyond

Workout Wednesdailies (Read 19 times)

Hit the track for 6x800m. I'd like to race a 5k sometime in the next few weeks, so I was curious how it would go. Result: not too bad at all. Ideal situation would be 6:20-6:30 pace. Despite never looking at my watch, splits for the 800s were 3:16, 3:15, 3:14, 3:13...I was thinking how cool it would be if I kept dropping 1 second per rep. Didn't quite happen - last two were 3:08 & 3:07! Finished with 9 miles total.

Dave

sdWhiskers

Nice work Dave! 800s are my least favorite interval.

4 miles for me in San Diego Arctic conditions (39F and sunny).

delicate flower

Nice run, Dave!  I've got intervals to run too, but with crappy weather hitting us today, it'll be done on the treadmill.  I could have done them this morning before work but had a swim to get done instead.

In unrelated news, my employer has a nice little program where they'll donate a little money to non-profit groups that employees do volunteer work for.  Since I am the treasurer for my triathlon club, I put in a request and was given a $300 donation.  That's cool!

<3

Docket_Rocket

I had 5 and headed out in the 3" of snow we had but the roads are all slush (main roads are clear) plus I had a meeting so turned back and hopped on the TM. Then my husband was sooooo hungry so ended up with 3 and a drive to McDs so he can STFU. It's like having a kid on a snow day, sheesh. Pilates later.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Dave - what kind of break do you take during your intervals?  Active or static?  If active, how long (time or distance)?  Just curious as yesterday I ran 6 x 800 too and did it with 400m recoveries.

SDW - 800s are tough.  Just as I get going they're done.

Baboon - nice score.

DR - I envy you the snow.

SRD for me.  Snowing now but rain forecast for later tonight.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
            10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

Dave - what kind of break do you take during your intervals?  Active or static?  If active, how long (time or distance)?  Just curious as yesterday I ran 6 x 800 too and did it with 400m recoveries.

That’s what I do, for VO2max-type workouts like today. I sometimes do 800s for McMillan cruise interval workouts, which is more like 10k-LT pace; then it’s typically 200m recoveries.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.3 on the treadmill this morning.