Beginners and Beyond

Fire it up MonDAILIES (Read 33 times)

LRB

What up doe.

Summer doesn't officially begin until the solstice in three weeks, but let's just call it like it is; Memorial Day is for all intents and purposes, the beginning of the new season. It's fitting that the temps will reach 80 degrees today, and will probably plummet back to the 50s tomorrow, but let's not talk about that. lol

Anyhoo, I'm gearing up for an elliptical session, then I'll head over to dear daughter number 1's house to wire an electric dryer. I've been on the wagon for a week so just lemonade for me today, thanks. Cool

What up doe?

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 5.5 slow miles.  I'm in the process of brewing a bitter, boozy, and citrusy IPA now.  It's making me thirsty.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Morning. On the plane heading back home. Knee feels like it never even run. Ankle is good so far. RD.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

SRD.

Dave

delicate flower

Good morning, friends!  I ran three miles in the rain behind the gym while DW used the elliptical (speaking of which).  Meeting up with some fellow triathlon douchers at noon for a lake swim, which is going to be cold.  I am really, really not looking forward to it.  I don't even get the luxury of sunshine.  *sigh*  But then it's a picnic/party/gathering of said triathletes, and that part I am looking forward to.

<3

LRB

Morning. On the plane heading back home. Knee feels like it never even run. Ankle is good so far. RD.

I missed it, what's going on with your ankle? Have I hexed you??

LRB

Good morning, friends!  I ran three miles in the rain behind the gym while DW used the elliptical (speaking of which).  Meeting up with some fellow triathlon douchers at noon for a lake swim, which is going to be cold.  I am really, really not looking forward to it.  I don't even get the luxury of sunshine.  *sigh*  But then it's a picnic/party/gathering of said triathletes, and that part I am looking forward to.

Douchers? lol

So I started into my usual weekend breakfast of toast with almond butter and bananas. And we happen to have a loaf of cinnamon swirl bread, so that. Then DW decides she wants to make blueberry scones - who am I to argue? It would have been rude to not also have one of those, or two. Never too early to start the carb load.

Dave

LRB

Good morning!

I ran 5.5 slow miles.  I'm in the process of brewing a bitter, boozy, and citrusy IPA now.  It's making me thirsty.

Have a great day folks!

People either love or hate IPAs, I love them. I've pretty much given up on everything else in favor of them.

LRB

So I started into my usual weekend breakfast of toast with almond butter and bananas. And we happen to have a loaf of cinnamon swirl bread, so that. Then DW decides she wants to make blueberry scones - who am I to argue? It would have been rude to not also have one of those, or two. Never too early to start the carb load.

Or each shit up. lol

LRB

I ellipticaled for 60 minutes.

I did it on an empty stomach and around the 35 minute mark my blood sugar crashed. I went 10 minutes further before fainting grabbing a squig of powerade, then finished off the workout.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

People either love or hate IPAs, I love them. I've pretty much given up on everything else in favor of them.

If i am ever stranded on a desert island with just one kind of beer, it had better be a double IPA with at least 100 IBUs and 8% ABV.

Runner with a riding problem.

If i am ever stranded on a desert island with just one kind of beer, it had better be a double IPA with at least 100 IBUs and 8% ABV.

You & LRB would love it in the PNW. It's all IPAs all the time out here. I was never a big fan, but they've grown on me. I will still usually go for a stout or which has always been my thing. My desert island beer would be an imperial stout with >10% abv. One of the breweries near my office had possibly the best beer I've ever had - it was an imperial mole stout. Freaking amazing. Sadly only a one-time thing.

LRB - Founders was my favorite MI brewery. (The annual hard-to-get special release of KBS is heaven in a bottle.) Unfortunately they don't seem to distribute out here, you can never find it. However I was at a bar on Friday, and they had Centennial IPA on tap. I had a couple, and managed to talk all my companions into getting one, selling them on the wonderfulness of Founders. They all enjoyed it.

Dave

LRB

You & LRB would love it in the PNW. It's all IPAs all the time out here. I was never a big fan, but they've grown on me. I will still usually go for a stout or which has always been my thing. My desert island beer would be an imperial stout with >10% abv. One of the breweries near my office had possibly the best beer I've ever had - it was an imperial mole stout. Freaking amazing. Sadly only a one-time thing.

LRB - Founders was my favorite MI brewery. (The annual hard-to-get special release of KBS is heaven in a bottle.) Unfortunately they don't seem to distribute out here, you can never find it. However I was at a bar on Friday, and they had Centennial IPA on tap. I had a couple, and managed to talk all my companions into getting one, selling them on the wonderfulness of Founders. They all enjoyed it.

I found the same to be true when I was on the left coast. It was like going through the taste testing process all over again. I didn't like it. lol

LRB

Bell's Two Hearted Ale would be my desert island brew. It's amazingly good and consistent.