Beginners and Beyond

February Goals (Read 125 times)

delicate flower

1)  Have a successfully surgery and begin the long road to recovery.

2)  Watch a lot of movies.

3)  Try not to get too fat.

My month was "successful", I guess.  I should be able to start biking in March.  I've got two more zero mile months ahead of me.  *sigh*

<3

Hipfan

Proud Calgarian

- stay healthy

- run what my coach says

- focus on absolutely obliterating my 10k PR on March 17 and doing what I need to do over the next 6 weeks

The only glitch on February was that I experienced some achilles discomfort, so of course I made a PT appointment right away (with a guy who is a runner of course). He mentioned a hip imbalance was leading to some extra pressure on my left achilles, which was starting to show the beginnings of tendonosis. Hopefully I nipped it in the bud early enough, otherwise the month has been non-eventful and I hopefully am on pace to completely destroy 38:27.

2015 Goals and PRs:

5k - 17:59 (18:05);  10k - 35:59 (36:42);   HM - 1:19:19 (1:19:59);   FM - 2:49:59 (3:05:46)

Robert31320

Team TJ

• 80+ miles
        • injury free
        • Run my first 10K race

•  I'll be really close to the 80+ miles by Thursday morning.
        • Unless I fall on my face Thursday morning I'll remain injury free.
        • I ran my first 10K on 2/23

Running for TJ because he can't.

Zelanie

I just remembered that I almost put PR monthly mileage, but decided that might not be practical in a 28 day month. Instead, I think I had my mileage PR by the 20th.

onemile

I am still alive.

Smile

Survive another month of Hansons.

Luke79

Successful completion of my first HM, in sub 2:00.

Nailed it.

Run 120 miles

Maintain or lose weight

With tomorrow's run, I will hit my mileage target.

Maintained weight.

Bonus from February - set a 5K PR (26:23) in the Heart & Soles 5K in a race which I did not plan on running till 1 week before the race date.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

I'm not going to get too fancy with my goals for February. I've made specific goals the last couple of months, but missed a few of them. Weather and a lack of daylight are having an impact on my running schedule (though the days are getting noticeably longer now).

Anyway,  I plan on continuing to follow my Ryan-esque training plan for my March 15K, which includes a couple of big hill runs and 3 or 4 interval workouts. I also intend to get at least 3 long runs in, preferably with a fair number of miles at 15K pace in each of them. And, I can see 110 miles for Feb, as I begin my taper right at the end of the month for the March 9 race.

We'll see how it goes...

Well, I learned one thing in February - by setting vague goals, I find that it's easier to meet them!

Let's see - I ran 111.3 miles in February with 4 interval runs (though one included only 1 X 1 mile interval. 4 long runs. I did hit some modest hills on 3 or 4 runs, but not the major training hill that I wanted to hit. It was just too muddy out and I don't want to soil my trail shoes. Smile

Pretty good month overall. Although my training was a little haphazard and unstructured, I think it was still fairly effective. I'll know more on 3/9 when I run a 15K.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

monkkey

Mission accomplished.  5 min PR.

to not suck at my marathon

happylily

- Get back into regular training this week

- work on speed and hills with a little more intensity

- stay within 60 and 70 miles per week

-Training is going well

- I run my intervals a bit faster now and I had a good tempo run last week. Hills? Meh... Been doing baby hills, nothing spectacular.

- 312 miles for the month = 78 mpw. Happy with that, especially since those weeks were part of my post-marathon recovery. I'd say my legs recovered pretty quickly. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Mostly harmless

1. Finish the toughest 4 weeks of marathon training healthy.

2. eh, who am I kidding? I only have one goal this month.

Mission accomplished. Now to taper without getting hurt or going crazy.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

People list it because being injured sucks so folks make it a "goal" not to end up there, even though injuries are often out of our control.

I think injuries are a natural part of running.  You can be as smart with your training as possible, but there is little you can do to prevent the inevitable muscle pull or tendon flare-up.

+100

Injuries do suck, if I have to be sidelined then people around me are going to need to give me space, my sanity needs these runs and it makes me much more socially functional Evil

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

MrNamtor

I just edited this because I re-read it and realize i don't know what the frik im talking about. So never mind..Smile Anyway, It's march

Just B.S.

1. Continue training injury free for marathon #6

GOING WELL 

2. Swim 750 meters consecutive by the end of February

SURPASSED!!! SWAM 1,000 METERS LAST THURSDAY AND UP TO 1,300 METERS 

CONSECUTIVE TODAY!

3. Aiming for a  very fun personal worst at my 25th Half Marathon @ Disney Princess

PERSONAL WORST BY FAR- 2:32 - DONE!!

EPIC FUN TIME ACHIEVED!!

MrNamtor

1. Continue training injury free for marathon #6

GOING WELL 

2. Swim 750 meters consecutive by the end of February

SURPASSED!!! SWAM 1,000 METERS LAST THURSDAY AND UP TO 1,300 METERS 

CONSECUTIVE TODAY!

3. Aiming for a  very fun personal worst at my 25th Half Marathon @ Disney Princess

PERSONAL WORST BY FAR- 2:32 - DONE!!

EPIC FUN TIME ACHIEVED!!

3 for 3! Did better than Kay. Or maybe the same.

Anyway that Walt Disney was a genius