Beginners and Beyond

Scary Penguin Tuesdailies!! (Read 11 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

What's scary is how much stuff I have to do, and I have seminar at 3:30, so I've only got a few more hours to do it all in!!  We had the costume parade for the local kiddies, which was all kinds of fun.  I don't think any of them are above preschool age, so they're all cute and half of them have no idea what this whole trick or treat thing is.  Since I'm not terribly fond of kids, about a half hour of happy kids being adorable is perfection!!

Ok, I'd better go do more non-fun stuff. 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

I have a mammogram this afternoon at the same time Jim has an appointment with a podiatrist about his sore foot. He'll drop me off and I may run home afterwards. I'm not sure I'm in the mood to run 9 miles, especially into the wind, but I will if I have to.

Singer who runs a smidge

Maybe the bouncing will comfort your squished ta-tas!!  I have a doctor appointment in December, I keep meaning to schedule a mammogram for the same day ....

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon!  I've been in court all day, sigh.  Neverending.  I have Pilates and 7 with 8 X 100m tonight.  My knee is achy and also is my psoas/hip flexor, from the cool weather.

BBL.

Damaris