Beginners and Beyond

Swing Low, Sweet SUNDAILIES (Read 43 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

21.5 for me. Now just kicking back relaxing.

Marjorie

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies...

I ran a 1:40:33 on a killer course! Good for a four minute PR!  Now it's shower and lunch time and the drive home.  I might do a RR later.

Hip Redux

21.5 for me. Now just kicking back relaxing.

Are you training for a race or do you just knock out those huge miles cuz you like long runs?  Seriously impressive.

April - Dammit.  I'm sorry, I know how it feels.   Like LRB, just let it sit with you for a bit.   From your training, you definitely had it in you, so I agree it sounds like you were getting sick or something.

Jess runs for bacon

Hi Dailies...

I ran a 1:40:33 on a killer course! Good for a four minute PR!  Now it's shower and lunch time and the drive home.  I might do a RR later.

Woot woot! Congrats!

Marjorie I read that as 2.15, then thought that Oski was being a smartass. Then I looked back. Nice run Smile

Hip Redux

Funny, LJ - because my first thought was "2.15 is so much shorter than MarjorieAnn's usual runs" and then I paid better attention. LOL

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I'm so behind on the forum... so many RRs to read! Congrats weekend racers. I just got back from Connecticut from the wedding. Had a good time. We were having a few drinks at the hotel bar after they reception had ended, and ran into Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters and Nirvana. Awesome!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

YAYpril - B-Plus

One thing I forgot to mention in my non-RR was that at 11.5 some guys were handing out beer in cups. I said "I'm having a shitty race - I could use some of that." It was the best damn beer I've ever tasted.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Are you training for a race or do you just knock out those huge miles cuz you like long runs?  Seriously impressive.

April - Dammit.  I'm sorry, I know how it feels.   Like LRB, just let it sit with you for a bit.   From your training, you definitely had it in you, so I agree it sounds like you were getting sick or something.

I have a marathon June 8th. But really I like to run long. I am not fast and I never will be. That is okay.  I don't follow a training plan. I just do what I feel like doing.

Marjorie

Just B.S.

I'm DNSing my race today. I had to make this decision yesterday morning because the race requires an overnighter. I was so sick yesterday I can't even describe it. Today will be all about trying to get food in my body to get some energy back. I don't know if I'll run today ... Probably not.

Good luck racers!

Really sorry to hear the B-Plus. Sounds like a wise decision. I know you will be back

stronger than ever for your next race.

Just B.S.

I had a bad race. Didn't even PR - was 6 minutes over. I am so disappointed.

Sorry to hear that April.

One thing I have learned in my 10 years of racing is that not every race can be a PR

and some will just be plain sucky. BUT when you do PR at again at the distance it

will be even more sweet. It will happen for you and you will enjoy it even more because

of the prior disappointment.

Take Care

Docket_Rocket

This.

Don't think of DNSing a race because you had a tough one. Get back on the horse.

Sad I think the heat may have triggered something for you, you looked great when I saw you. I'll bet you a beer that if you don't sign up for another half, you'll get a half PR at Via while running the full.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Now, I really wonder WTFH happened this morning. At the gym, I did weights, as I'd planned. I have to be at work early Tuesday morning, so I also did forty-five minutes on the ArcTrainer, so that I won't have to return home too late. Everything felt normal. I'll still take a few S!Caps and gels with me on my long runs, starting next Sunday.

Rick, how did you adjust, regarding hunger issues? BTW, I didn't feel hungry at all this morning.

(((((((AprilRunner))))))) I'd have taken the beer, too, consoling myself with the thought that, at the very least, it has B vitamins.

Marjorie, terrific 21.5.

Jack, congratulations on your PR!!!

outoftheblue

Back from my run.  18.3 miles at 10:47 pace, with 938 feet of elevation gain.  That's about what the elev. gain is for the SF marathon, so it's good to know what it feels like.  Hilly, that's what it feels like.  Resting and baking some bread now before DH and I head out for drinks and dinner at Chilean restaurant.

Good news on the raccoon front.  I think all my dogs yipping and yapping forced the raccoon to look for quieter quarters.  At least the area seems clear for now.

April -- I'm so sorry about your race.   Underperforming on a goal race is a lousy feeling -- there's no way around it.   But I truly believe that every bad race makes you stronger -- mentally, emotionally and physically.   Get a good nights sleep, take away any and all lessons for why it didn't go as you'd hoped, and then get back out there.   When you get that PR, it will be all the sweeter.

Life is good.

Docket_Rocket

Thanks for reminding me since I am behind on hill training.

I cannot wait until we FE!

Back from my run.  18.3 miles at 10:47 pace, with 938 feet of elevation gain.  That's about what the elev. gain is for the SF marathon, so it's good to know what it feels like.  Hilly, that's what it feels like.  Resting and baking some bread now before DH and I head out for drinks and dinner at Chilean restaurant.

Good news on the raccoon front.  I think all my dogs yipping and yapping forced the raccoon to look for quieter quarters.  At least the area seems clear for now.

April -- I'm so sorry about your race.   Underperforming on a goal race is a lousy feeling -- there's no way around it.   But I truly believe that every bad race makes you stronger -- mentally, emotionally and physically.   Get a good nights sleep, take away any and all lessons for why it didn't go as you'd hoped, and then get back out there.   When you get that PR, it will be all the sweeter.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

outoftheblue

Damaris -- I'm very excited about SF as well.   Have you been there before?   It's a beautiful city.

Life is good.