Beginners and Beyond

Race times in sigs (Read 260 times)

MrNamtor

Can you even call it that when you don't know what was posted?

He's someone who basically comes here only to troll. So whatever he said was just the opening line of a troll routine.

LRB

LRB

When I was banned from l & o for no fuckin reason, I didn't go over there complaining about it and demanding a fuckin explanation.  No, I took my ban slip, threw it in the toilet, then pissed on it and flushed it.  I went for a run (because some of us actually do that) and never thought about it again.

Now, where was I, oh yeah...

No more marathons

What i mean is that if the rules of a forum are that you respect other forumites and don't act like a 100% asshat -  and you can't manage to do that - then you should not go onto that forum. There's the whole rest of the internet to be an idiot on.

I don't believe that daisymae25 or I were refering to you.  Nothing odd about your sig. 

And the rules of each forum are set by the owner.  If you own the forum, then you make the rules and nothing says they need to be fair or consistent.  We can all choose to play or not play - until someone takes the ball home.  Roll eyes

Like I said - meh.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

happylily

Anyway, there is enough drama and blood spilling going on in L&O at the moment to keep them occupied for a while. We'll be okay, guys. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Hip Redux

Anyway, there is enough drama and blood spilling going on in L&O at the moment to keep them occupied for a while. We'll be okay, guys. Big grin

Heh.    lol

MrNamtor

Let's utilize the time wisely in that case.

Birdwell

Meh - if you've gone to the trouble to set up a forum then you get to make the rules.  I just got banned from L&O for posting the following:

bow and scrape             scrape

Meant to demonstrate my total subserviance to the great and powerful scrape.  Guess he didn't see it that way.

Oh well, I was spending way too much time there anyway.

Scrape. didn't ban you (noone "banned" you actually) he had nothing to do with it. I'm pretty sure you could go back and rejoin, if you cared. People get kicked out of the group all the time, but not banned.

apparently around here, the farmer and the cowman can't be friends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg5cwSBnyQU

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

What i mean is that if the rules of a forum are that you respect other forumites and don't act like a 100% asshat -  and you can't manage to do that - then you should not go onto that forum. There's the whole rest of the internet to be an idiot on.

Also, if you first state that suggestive pictures on this forum are extremely bad to post and then LOL it up on another forum at a  suggestive picture with the suggestion of a penile erection, you shouldn't  continue to pester everyone with your hypocrisy..

One thing: L&O doesn't profess to be a "beginner runners forum." Also the B&B guidelines explicitly prohibited naked pictures. And then the two-facedness and favoritism kicked in and it all spiraled from there. And now that's really what has made me the most angry, is the favoritism and rule-changing for certain people. And the fact that certain people hurl insults around without consequence ("stick up your ass," "jackhole," "asshole," "idiot," "asshat") but then there's "preemptive banning" of people who haven't even done that. I'm sure you don't care but pretty soon y'all will just be talking to yourselves. It was nice for awhile, sharing advice and stories. But this place has changed. Sure, that happens. But it's not even close to what it once was.

And yes, I'll laugh all I want at the mocked-up naked pic. I've already seen it. I can't un-see it. So if someone is creepy enough to put it out there and the admins think it's appropriate to keep there, then be prepared for it to be misappropriated.

At any rate, many of y'all have shown your true colors. No desire to hang around here anymore. And I'm not sure who LRB's "go for a run" remark was directed to but I've already done my run for today. Also, feel free to ridicule my PR's. At least I don't have a barrage of foul language in my sig.

And LTH, TAKE A JOKE. I like you, cranky old man (even if you're not that find of me).

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

No more marathons

Scrape. didn't ban you (noone "banned" you actually) he had nothing to do with it. I'm pretty sure you could go back and rejoin, if you cared. People get kicked out of the group all the time, but not banned.

apparently around here, the farmer and the cowman can't be friends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg5cwSBnyQU

Thanks for the word Bird - I'll probably rejoin the group at some point - there are a lot of people who contribute there whose ability and knowledge I respect.  Maybe stay away from the water cooler topics.  Big grin

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

LRB, it is awesome how you don't have to say a single word to explain what you mean, just post a pic and that's it. Especially the pot calling the teakettle black, I am pretty sure I know at least one person that is referring to and you are 100% right.

By the way, LOVE your sig!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

RSX

One thing: L&O doesn't profess to be a "beginner runners forum." Also the B&B guidelines explicitly prohibited naked pictures. And then the two-facedness and favoritism kicked in and it all spiraled from there. And now that's really what has made me the most angry, is the favoritism and rule-changing for certain people. And the fact that certain people hurl insults around without consequence ("stick up your ass," "jackhole," "asshole," "idiot," "asshat") but then there's "preemptive banning" of people who haven't even done that. I'm sure you don't care but pretty soon y'all will just be talking to yourselves. It was nice for awhile, sharing advice and stories. But this place has changed. Sure, that happens. But it's not even close to what it once was.

And yes, I'll laugh all I want at the mocked-up naked pic. I've already seen it. I can't un-see it. So if someone is creepy enough to put it out there and the admins think it's appropriate to keep there, then be prepared for it to be misappropriated.

At any rate, many of y'all have shown your true colors. No desire to hang around here anymore. And I'm not sure who LRB's "go for a run" remark was directed to but I've already done my run for today. Also, feel free to ridicule my PR's. At least I don't have a barrage of foul language in my sig.

And LTH, TAKE A JOKE. I like you, cranky old man (even if you're not that find of me).

Why get angry over a forum over and over again? I would rather deal with real life problems.

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

Is this thread *still* going?

You know, for a group of people who profess to not care what others think about you, you guys really seem to care what others think about you.

Take the high road.  Or don't.  Just don't complain about it when you're called on it.

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.

B-Plus

One thing I've been thinking is why do we need rules or guidelines around here. IMO, the posters just need to use common sense and the mods/admins need to be reasonable. It's just the Internet.