Beginners and Beyond

Race times in sigs (Read 260 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

By speaking of them, you are asking them to come and start hijacking this thread Nam and nobody wants that. The meltdown is done, please don't give them reason to come and be nasty here.... right now there is a nice discussion going on, mature agreements and disagreements and lets keep it that way.

LRB - I tried making mine bigger but for some reason it wouldn't get any bigger *pout*, and for some reason I can only have like 4-5 lines in my sig which is upsetting because I have more races than that this year.

No Dave, it might seem like that, but it isn't the case.

There's a forum of people on this site that have a very nasty mentality. Their posts are full of really nasty hateful remarks about individuals and people in general. They have gotten wrapped up in a really warped sub culture that's no different from a street gang or the culture of idiots in high school who would make fun of you because you were too fat or maybe too smart and not cool enough for their liking, or push you up against a locker because they could.

Those people come on here and make their snide insulting comments. You LOL'd one of these btw.

Sometimes people (me) respond in an incorrect manner to the argument. But you should take a good look at the argument itself if you want to see whats going on.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

paulski66

miscreant

By speaking of them, you are asking them to come and start hijacking this thread Nam and nobody wants that. The meltdown is done, please don't give them reason to come and be nasty here.... right now there is a nice discussion going on, mature agreements and disagreements and lets keep it that way.

Agreed. I hope those nasty, nasty people stay in their nasty, nasty forum and don't bother us more enlightened folk over here.

I'm happy, hope you're happy too...

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

If they do, I'm blaming Nam 100%.

Agreed. I hope those nasty, nasty people stay in their nasty, nasty forum and don't bother us more enlightened folk over here.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Hip Redux

Kinda like Beetlejuice.

pae

I'm very proud of my 33 minute 5K time, but after seeing the mocking over times I would be ecstatic with, I took it down. Is it bragging to be proud of an accomplishment?

Yeah, I took mine down as well.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Not just Beetlejuice..... but that stupid Harry Potter movie where they don't speak his name, Voldemort. And another movie that you can only watch once: The Village, their famous saying was "those we do not speak of".

Ya'll who took your race time sigs down, put 'em back up dang it! You should be proud of them, and don't let anybody tell you different.

Kinda like Beetlejuice.

PRs

delicate flower

I have updated my PR sig, and it is a true story.

<3

B-Plus

I keep trying to write something about the "them" remark but then I keep deleting it. Oh well, it is almost Friday ...

Maybe I'll just put my PWs in my sig. Or my ballsack if it could handle pics.

Gray Runner

Running Bear

Much rather talk about where I'm heading than where I've been.

Upcoming races:  
                    Mt. Cheaha 50K 2/22
                    Georgia Death race 100K 3/15-16
                    Sweetwater 50K 4/12
                    Cruel Jewel 100 5/16-17
                    Make It By Midnight FM 7/XX
                    H9 50 mile 8/9
                    Georgia Jewel 100 9/27
                    Pacing at Pinhoti 100 11/XX
                    Dunkin Ridge Trail 50K 11/XX
                    Lookout Mtn 50 mile 12/20

RSX

As soon as you're comfortable saying that you're old Joking.

I only feel old when I run. My club keeps track of age graded times when we do races together. I only care about my actual times.

MrNamtor

Kinda like Beetlejuice.

They're heeeeeeeeeeeeeere! Oh wait wrong movie

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Which one was that from? It sounds too familiar damn it!

They're heeeeeeeeeeeeeere! Oh wait wrong movie

PRs

MrNamtor

Really though seriously. You're a marathon runner, father of how many kids, right? Great guy you don't eat meat for ethical reasons. You're not a dick. So why do you do what you do on this forum? Serious question expecting a serious answer.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I enjoy seeing people's PRs. I would never judge based on them, but I am curious, especially when someone is posting about plans and workouts.  Gives me a reference point as to if they are a marathoner, 45 minute 5Ker or 18 minute 5Ker. It doesn't matter, just gives a good reference point.

I put my times in even though I am slow. Why? I am proud of my PRs. They're not fast but they're mine. I worked for them. I love getting a chance to change my signature and update a PR. Maybe it gives someone reason to laugh. Fine. Maybe it makes you faster people feel better. Awesome.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

happylily

I'm drunk so don't mind my posting... (I'm on vacation, plus it only takes two glasses of wine to get me drunk. please do not judge me)

All I want to say is that I am as proud of my first marathon time (my slowest) as I am of my last one (my fastest). And yes, I post my PRs because it makes me happy (and I guess proud?) to show my PRs. There are faster PRs than mine and there are slower ones, but my PRs tell MY story and that's what matters to me.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010