Beginners and Beyond

Race times in sigs (Read 260 times)

MrNamtor

awood, what are you down to now weight wise? Your avatar is almost willowy!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I'm down to 218.  My progress was slowed a bit during the month of my wedding, but I'm back on track.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Antipodean

Ooh, speaking of long sigs that reminds me of back in RWOL when people had those  ticker things in the sigs. They did get a big annoying, but were fascinating at the same time. Especially those that were actually achieved!

I'm down to 218.  My progress was slowed a bit during the month of my wedding, but I'm back on track.

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

Birdwell

I might have to venture into the rest of the forum someday, but I'm scared.  What if they don't like me.

So what? Lots of people like me, lots of people don't. The main boards are an untold wealth of information. Just be ready to stick up for yourself, and not run away if something is said that you don't like.

In other words, if someone makes you mad, don't just take your ball and go home, stand up and fight!

Docket_Rocket

Good advice.

So what? Lots of people like me, lots of people don't. The main boards are an untold wealth of information. Just be ready to stick up for yourself, and not run away if something is said that you don't like.

In other words, if someone makes you mad, don't just take your ball and go home, stand up and fight!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I am jealous of Awood, my sig will only allow me 4-5 lines Undecided, I must have done something because it used to allow like 10 or so until about 2-3 months ago.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

My sig saves me a lot of time, when writing RR's.  I'm more proud of my progress, than my current times.  If I really wanted to be obnoxious, I'd post my weight for each race...lol

For me, it's all about progress.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Awood's sig:

"2012 Races

Blueberry Stomp 5K (9/12) - 31:02

Feel The Learn 5K (10/12) - 26:58

Indianapolis Monumental HM (11/12) - 2:03:56

Run For The Heart 5K (12/12) - 25:48:48

2013 Races

Valpo Valentine's Day 5K (2/13) - 24:45:08

Chi Town HM (3/24/13) - 01:54:07.2

Dart For The Arts 10K (4/13/13) - 48:59

Delta Steel Run 5K (6/1/13) - 24:11

Indianapolis Monumental Marathon (11/02/13)"

What mystifies me is how it could take you over 24 hours to run two of your 5Ks. Big grin

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Awood's sig:

"2012 Races

Blueberry Stomp 5K (9/12) - 31:02

Feel The Learn 5K (10/12) - 26:58

Indianapolis Monumental HM (11/12) - 2:03:56

Run For The Heart 5K (12/12) - 25:48:48

2013 Races

Valpo Valentine's Day 5K (2/13) - 24:45:08

Chi Town HM (3/24/13) - 01:54:07.2

Dart For The Arts 10K (4/13/13) - 48:59

Delta Steel Run 5K (6/1/13) - 24:11

Indianapolis Monumental Marathon (11/02/13)"

What mystifies me is how it could take you over 24 hours to run two of your 5Ks. Big grin

The races were held on a Pacific island, running across the International Date Line.

Dave

Love the Half

The races were held on a Pacific island, running across the International Date Line.

Heh.  That gives him a 45:08 for a 5K and a 48:59 for a 10K.  That 5K must have been one tough damn course.  Wink

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

Fail

You people have issues 

an amazing likeness

If you'll accept an outsider posting....I'd make two points:

1. When giving running advise, it is helpful to know the capabilities and progression of the person seeking the advice.

2. When getting advice -- the PRs of the giver don't correlate with the quality of the advice.  There are some fantastic advisers, with deep knowledge and insights, and there are others who seldom share anything that makes sense -- no correlation to their PRs.

I think it's a culture thing  -- when I'm thinking what advise to share on someone's running-related question, I look to their log to see the body of work, to see their recent workouts, (almost always start with the calendar view) -- I think the body of work in recent weeks, months tells a better story than sig line highpoints.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Looking at your log, do you run like every freaking day? Shocked, if so lucky you.... but I guess every other day is just as good.

If you'll accept an outsider posting....I'd make two points:

1. When giving running advise, it is helpful to know the capabilities and progression of the person seeking the advice.

2. When getting advice -- the PRs of the giver don't correlate with the quality of the advice.  There are some fantastic advisers, with deep knowledge and insights, and there are others who seldom share anything that makes sense -- no correlation to their PRs.

I think it's a culture thing  -- when I'm thinking what advise to share on someone's running-related question, I look to their log to see the body of work, to see their recent workouts, (almost always start with the calendar view) -- I think the body of work in recent weeks, months tells a better story than sig line highpoints.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

catwhoorg

Labrat

I post mine there, mainly so I have easy access in case I want to know one.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

And the lesson again, is...open your logs, people!

MT always gives good advice, and has given me personally great advice, precisely because he has some damn good log analyzing skills.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                                We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes